Followers

Monday 21 August 2017

Make My Monday 53# - lazy summer days

Good Morning all and welcome to another new week. 

Its the start of a new challenge over at Make My Monday

the theme this fortnight is

Lazy Summer Days

I found this fairy silhouette in my stash which i backed with acetate and then painted the back with starlight paints.  The mica in the paints shines beautifully through the acetate. As ive done alot of beach scenes lately I wanted to think of different ways to spend a lazy summer day, and i think many of us love to lounge in the garden among the flowers and listen to the birds singing.


6x6 black card blank.  White card embossed with flowers.  I built up the starlight paints on the back of the acetate panel, i sponged a little of the sun colours around the outside of it for a sun halo.  Once completely dry i added to the white panel with glue gel so that the light can get behind it and help with the stained glass effect.  I found it better to build up thin layers of the paint.

I added some die cut leave and birds to the outside frame and a die cut dream. White gel pen highlights 



i also added glitter glue to the fairy's wings

Items used:
Imagination Crafts starlight paints 129, 135, 136, 139, 144, 161
Stickles tutti fruitti
Spellbinders mbossibilities EL-005
Memory box 'serene bird'

If you fancy joining in and seeing the rest of the teams creations please do pop over


Thank you for stopping by and all your comments last week.  Wishing you all a good week.  Hugs Emma




25 comments:

Herbaholic said...

Gorgeous card Emma! What a fab effect with the starlights, you've given me an idea for a future project, hadn't thought of adding them to acetate! Love & Hugs - Debs xxx

Basslady said...

wow, teamie! this is magnificent!

Hugs and Kisses from Germany
Silvi xoxo

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card Emma :-)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Really gorgeous card Emma, will be trying my starlights on acetate now

Jean S said...

It's fab Emma, !! need to look at my starlights when I get back ��

Betty Bailey said...

A really Gorgeous card Emma.

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Emma
Hugs
Wendy xx

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous card Emma,hugs Kathy x

Diane said...

Just wonderful Emma, the glittery fairy and wings are perfect.

Hugs diane

Pam said...

What an inspiration your cards are, and thank you for trying out a new way of showing off the starlights....this will be another technique for me to try. Your card is simply amazing and I love it.
Pam x

Cherie said...

Emma, that is beautiful. I have a load of acetate in my stash and didn't have a clue what to do with it. You have really inspired me

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the beautiful colours behind the image x

Kate Jeffery said...

a stunning card Emma katex

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card..Amazing work..Marilynh.x

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi emma ... just love your little fairy card ... that little image is so cute and reminds me of my lovely granddaughter love how you have used the white pencil to show shadow very clever ... hope you are having a great week ... thank you so much for always visiting my blog I do really appreciate it ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

EmmaT said...

Thank you Debs. I was very pleased with the effect of the starlights on acetate so will definitely try it again. x

EmmaT said...

Thank you Gwen, i love the effect on the acetate so will def be doing it again. Emmax

EmmaT said...

Thank you Pam, i hope you enjoy trying your starlights on acetate. Emma

EmmaT said...

Aww thank you Cherie, yep dig all the acetate out now and your acrylic paints x

Carole Pollard said...

wow these are wonderful what amazing designs and stunning colours Love and hugs Carole x

StephW said...

Oooo love the colours in that huge sun a perfect setting behind the fairy silhouette it's gorgeous ... Steph x

FridayFeeling said...

A fantastic card, I just love the effect you've created here - fabulous work!

Kirsty said...

Wow what an amazing effect Emma and such a great idea. Inspiring as usual. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Sue - said...

What a beautiful card, love the stained glass window effect.