Followers

Monday 16 October 2017

Make My Monday #57 - Halloween

Morning everyone, I hope that the forecast storm isn't effecting you all too bad. 

So its a new challenge over at Make My Monday  the theme this fortnight is

 I Put a Spell on You (HALLOWEEN)
or 
A Thank You Card

I had great fun making my first real Halloween card.  I dug out the chocolate Baroque moon howling stamp set ive also had for years, my wink of stellas and had fun. 




First i cut a black card blank using the largest Spellbinders grand labels 1.  I used the dies again to cut a black frame that i used silver gilding wax on it to give a distressed moonlit look.  On white card i stamped my little scene using various stamps from the set and extending the path with a black fine liner.  I then added pebeo drawing gum to mask them.

Using Wink of Stella pens in blue, purple, black, yellow & Orange i made a background using the wet into wet technique. Once completely dry, carefully remove the drawing gum mask.  



I glued the spiders web to the back of the frame so that it is hanging over the front.  I also added silver gilding to the web and spiders and crackle accents to finish on the spiders. 


I added a few highlights with a white gel pen. 

The photos don't sadly pick up the amazing sparkle of the wink of stella pens. 


Items Used:
Chocolate Baroque 'Howling Moon' stamp set
Spellbinders Grand Labels 1
Pebeo Gilding Wax Silver
Wink of Stella pens
Spider and Web Dies
Ranger Crackle Accents.

So if you fancy joining in the halloween fun do pop over to 


Im often asked which card i use for my brusho backgrounds and I now use Craft UK white card for everything, they do smooth, linen and hammered, it die cuts, stamps, and takes all wet techniques perfectly and being 300gsm its perfectly for card bases.  

Sorry if i missed you last week, been out with a chest infection, after coming back from france with a cold.  So i will catch up with you all soon.  I hope you all have a good week. Emma 


21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card and colour combo Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma katex

Alison59 said...

WOW stunning- just love the colouring :-)

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card, love it

Jean S said...

Wow it’s fab Emma,love all the detail..... superx

Wendy said...

Not a fan of Halloween Emma, but love your card it’s fabulous! Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly, hope you are better now.
Hugs
Wendy xx

ALI said...

Great detail Emma, spooky!

Pam said...

What a spookilicious card Emma. Dark and mysterious, ideal for Halloween. Those spiders look too real !
Pam x

kathleen said...

Great card Emma. Sorry to hear that you have been unwell.x

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful card your colours and colouring are stunning . hope you are feeling better Love and hugs Carole x

StephW said...

Brilliant halloween creation sets the mood perfectly ... thanks for saying which cardstock you use will be checing that out! Hope you're soon on the mend ... Steph x

Helen said...

Fab card Emma as ever. Helen x

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant Halloween card Emma, love the scenery and fab colours.
Hope you are feeling better x

Anonymous said...

I love this Emma even though I'm not a fan of Halloween. I had to get a new laptop and get your site from a friend. I hope you are feeling much better now Emma. Betty x

sweetpea said...

Very scary, love it. Janet DT teammate x

Babs said...

Wow Emma this is stunning, your sky is perfect, fabulous stamps that you have used amazingly, love it. Hope your keeping well.
Hugs Babs x

Kirsty said...

Loving the spooky Halloween card, the background is gorgeous. I hope you are feeling better. Thank you for the info on the background card, great advise. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Sian said...

A brilliant card! The gildign wax is really effective. I was convinced you'd cut the frame from metal.

Lucille K said...

Wonderful Halloween card; love the scene and the colors :)

FridayFeeling said...

A fantastic card, Love your moonlit scene & fab spider's web!

Kathy P said...

Brilliant Halloween card Emma xx