Followers

Monday 22 January 2018

Mens Birthday DIY theme shutter card

Good Morning all, i hope you had a good weekend.

So its time for another new challenge over at Make My Monday, the theme this fortnight is:

FANCY FOLDS

I made this DIY themed shutter card for my brothers birthday, he is an engineer and often fixing something or other.  




Using the tattered lace shutter card die i cut the blank from white card.  Then using the matting dies in the set i cut them from wood panel pattern paper.  I then die cut lots of tools, cogs, nuts from silver holographic card and turquoise pearl card.  I then cut the handles from the tools and glued onto the silver version.  

Using mixed alpha dies i cut 'Mr Fix It' from green cardstock.  Id had the landrover decoupaged made up for months and thought this card was perfect as my brother also drives a landrover. 



Showing the left hand side of the card, i added the landrover so it looks like its driving out of the card.


Showing the right hand side better.  Shows the colour better.

And the back of the card, i die cut another woodpanel patten paper in a paler colour so that the greeting can be written on easily.  I then added all the left over tools, die cut birthday sentiment.  

Items Used: 
Tattered Lace Shutter die set
Various tool dies
Papermania Mr Smiths Workshop papers.
Dufex landrover decoupage

So if you fancy joining in and to see the rest of the DT's work just pop over to make my monday







***

and below is the second card i made for my brother. 


Black A5 cardblank, i then matted corrugated metal pattern paper onto copper satin card, added screw top brads to the 4 corners and matted onto the black base.  The robot topper i printed out twice from a daisytrail kit and decoupaged the 2nd one and added glossy accents.  I placed him behind a black glossy cog frame and matted onto copper satin card before adding the the base.

Items used:
Daisytrail Robot Rust digikit
Papermania Mr Smiths workshop papers
Cog frame die
Birthday sentiment die 


Thank you for stopping by and all your wonderful comments last week.  I hope you all have a good week and the weather is better.  Emma


25 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, your cards never cease to amaze me Emma. I love both of them and you set my creative juices flowing!
Pam x

Anonymous said...

Your cards are just fabulous, Emma! The DIY one is a real masterpiece. I'm sure your brother will be thrilled...you put so much thought into each card.
Hugs, Kathleen

Kathy P said...

Fabulous cards once again Emma x

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

Basslady said...

you have made such stunning cards...awesome, teamie!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

Carole Pollard said...

Wow what amazing cards those fold cards are just so special love them Love and hugs Carole x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card design Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

WOW Emma the shutter card is amazing; I love the other one too :-)

gwen70 said...

Brilliant cards Emma, so much thought and love gone into them both

Cherie said...

I love the shutter cards, It looks so complicated

ALI said...

Love theses Emma, perfect for those dreaded males x

Betty said...

Two Gorgeous cards Emma.

StephW said...

Just love your DIY styled card and all the different tools/hardware, so much easier with the right dies, I had to improvise when I made OH his! Both cards are super ... Steph x

Jean S said...

Amazing cards Emma, Love all the detail you put on them. Jxx

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma ... just love your two man cards and I bet your brother like them ... just one question ... How come he gets two cards ... he must be an amazing brother I guess lol ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

sweetpea said...

Fantastic Mans Card, love all the decoration janet DT

FridayFeeling said...

Two fabulous masculine cards. I love all the elements on the shutter card & you have decorated the back beautifully too (I'm far too lazy!) I hope you're keeping well, & not too soggy down in Cornwall!

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Emma...Two brilliant cards for your brother...love the shutter one....Joolsx

EmmaT said...

Haha thanks Sandy, i always make the cards for my mum to give so always 2 cards for all family birthdays, sometimes difficult to come up with 2 different ones each time. Thank you for your comments. Emmax

Diane said...

Greetings Emma, I am sure your brother loved that super cut card design and you little robot with the embellishments is delightful.

Hugs Diane

Kirsty said...

These are amazing Emma, love the big shutter card with all the tools, ideal for the men in our lives. Big hugs Kirsty. x

StephW said...

Hi Emma, think some of my comments are just not getting through to you somehow so will try again lol ... two super cards for your brother, love the DIY one with all the tools/hardware bits & pieces ... Steph x

Anonymous said...

Amazing work here..love all the male cards..great designs..lot of work!..Marilyn.x

Herbaholic said...

Fabulous cards Emma, I remember that robot digikit, it was how we 'met' :) That fold looks ever so complicated, I just know if I tried I'd cut through bits I'm not supposed to :) Hugs - Debs x

Sue - said...

Two great male cards!