Followers

Monday 10 July 2017

Make My Monday # 50 - travel

Good Morning to you all, i hope you all had a good weekend.

So its time for the next challenge at Make My Monday


The theme this fortnight is

Vacations & Travel  (or Holidays to you & I)

After 2 weeks without crafting it felt good to find my mojo and be home long enough to create this card.  I don't have much in my stash aimed at holidays and travelling but found this lovely elephant in my Indian dreams digi kit, so for my holiday we have hopped over to beautiful India. 

I have actually ridden an elephant, many many years ago here in Cornwall, its an exciting way to ride from a to b, a bit slower than horse😄 




A5 white linen cardblank.  I printed off the elephant 4 times and cut it out and decoupaged.  Printed off a matching backing paper and matted onto turquoise card to pick up the blue in the elephant.  Turquoise dotty ribbon, double bow, elephant charm and sentiment to finish.  



Close up, i also added glitter glue and glossy accents to highlight the beautiful elephant. 

Items used:
Daisytrail 'Indian Dreams' digi kit
Serif Craftartist 2
Double stitched rectangles
LOTV sentiment stamp

So if you fancy joining in and see what the rest of the DT came up with, please do pop over.



Thank you for popping by and all your comments last week.  Wishing you all a wonderful week. Emma 



23 comments:

Basslady said...

wow...your card is so stunning, teamie!

Hugs and Kisses from Germany
Silvi xoxo

Pam said...

What a majestic elephant. I love your idea of an Indian holiday. Superb card!
Pam x

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant card Emma, love the colours and the elephant is fab x

Jean S said...

Superb card Emma, love the elephant , the colours and papers you have used Jxx

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi emma ... just love your little elephant card ... so cute ... love that image ... I was just wondering how and why you were riding an elephant in Cornwall lol ... have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Emma......hope all is well Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

a beautiful card Emma katex

Herbaholic said...

This is really pretty Emma, what a fabulous digikit, funnily enough I've spent the morning looking at things I've printed off and then not used, no elephants though! I love the colours in this collection, fabulous card :) Much love and hugs - Debs xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card...great Elephant image and love the colours you used...as for riding one!...will pass....Marilynh..x

Diane said...

Oh my gosh Emma, what an adorable elephant.

Hugs Diane

sweetpea said...

A very traditional Indian elephant, great card janet GDT

ALI said...

Emma this is stunning, beautiful colours.

Hells said...

Love this card Emma. Helen x

Betty Bailey said...

I love this card Emma and such a Beautiful elephant too.

Babs said...

What a beautiful elephant Emma the colour's are lovely as are your papers, cute little elephant charm and a fab sentiment, glad you got your mojo back, I have had terrible migraine of late and last Saturday was my sons wedding, so I haven't done much crafting at all..have a good weekend.
Hugs Babs x

StephW said...

So gorgeous and something different from you using a digi kit, colours are wonderful ... Steph x

Sue - said...

Stunning card Emma. Elephant rides in Cornwall????

EmmaT said...

haha it was many, many years ago, when they had circuses, and they were camped out on family fields so we could go across and see all the animals. Must get mum to dig the photos out. Thank you for your comments. Hugs Emma x

gwen70 said...

Wonderful card Emma, love it

FridayFeeling said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the decoupaged elephant , very striking and the backing paper is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Your card looks so exotic...love the colours you've used. The little charm is just perfect! Hugs, Kathleen

Denise Fletcher said...

What a fantastic card Emma! Love it!

Kirsty said...

Wow Emma your elephant is gorgeous, and look at you riding on one too!! Love all the beautiful colours. Kirsty. x