Followers

Friday 6 September 2024

Fruity girls

Good Morning all

My 2nd card for Charlotte's 5th birthday is this fruity rocker card.  We are all fruit bats in my family and eat a wide variety daily so when i saw this fruit background and lemon girl from aall&create in a sale I thought they would be ideal. 

approx 6x6" I made my rocker card from dark green card - i know it looks black in the photos but it definately green!  I worked out what size circles i wanted for the little girl and then die cut circles from the green card & my coloured background(see below)  I adhered them together and added a small white circle to the middle to help my little lemon cutie stand out.   She was stamped and watercoloured with inktense pencils and cut out.  I added her to the front with a wobbler so as the card rocks she also dances which i think Charlotte will love. 

I die cut number 5 from white, an inverted scallop from the green and a larger plain circle from white and adhered together.  I added glitter over the 5 and a little glitter on the lemon flower in her hair too. 

Showing it side on, the wobbler gives quite alot of dimension too 

My background,- the first mistamp (top right) is because i was too lazy to prime the stamp!  I multiple stamped the A7 stamp onto white A4 cardstock, rotating the stamp each time and then watercoloured with inktense pencils - i don't find colouring in particularly relaxing so this was a bit of a labour of love - keeping inside the lines๐Ÿ˜  I did 2 A4 backgrounds like this so could make the batch of cards below. 


I decided to turn the little lemon girl into an orange girl and a lime slice girl just by changing the colours to make these 3 cards.  Again the photos aren't great as I used very dark green card for my base and mat layers rather than the black it looks like in the photos. 


Approx size A6 (6x4")  I die cut my base card from green card and a smaller mat layer from my fruity background.  I die cut a small white layer big enough for my little fruity gals and another mat from the dark green and adhered together.  I added the girls on with a wobbler for a bit of fun and dimension.   A small dab of stickles glitter glue on the flower to finish.  I made all 3 like this, just changed the colour of the fruit slice.




Showing how they stand up side on and the dimension the wobbler gives



and lastly I just had to use all the off cuts from the 2 background sheets

6x7" card  I die cut the off cuts from the background using a small nesting die from a DL die set with a stitched edge, i layered these onto dark green cardstock leaving equal gaps and then mounted onto a white base card.

I took an oval die big enough for 3 girls and cut a white oval which i then used an embossing folder on, matted onto a larger green oval and then the cardfront.  I then added the 3 girls, the outside 2 with glue gel and the middle one with another wobbler.
Just a close up of the fruity trio.  As you can tell i had great fun with this little stamp set, something a bit different for me which as been refreshing - good to get away from the animals and flowers now and then.

Items Used:
aall&create stamps #1033 smoothitastic & #1021 lemon
Spellbinders circle dies XL & standard
Spellbinders oval die
Tag shaped die
Creative expression embossing folder (very old)
Derwent inktense pencils
Craft UK ltd white card
Dark green card
Wobblers
Ranger stickles 'crystal & frosted lace'

Thank you all for stopping by.  Emmax

Id love to enter the first card in the following:


**

**

**
https://unicornchallenge.blogspot.com/2024/09/challenge-102-circles.html - for my rocker card i used XL circles for the rocking base and small ones for all the mats and layers














 

18 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

These are stunning makes Emma have a lovely weekend Ginny x

meg said...

An inspirational post as always Emma,love your cards using a beautiful background stamp and fun image

brenda said...

Goodness you have been busy Emma, lovely creations and so bright and cheery.

B x

Vicki said...

All of these are fantastic, Emma! Very creative background design and a lot of coloring for sure. The little girl image and lemon are so versatile. I love the rocker card, but especially love the last one with three images. Great use of the large die cuts. Charlotte will love her rocker card.Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's September Anything Goes With A Die Cut and Monochromatic Option Challenge.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Every one of these is gorgeous and I love the design of the cards. Thanks for sharing these beauties at Try it on Tuesday.

Viv said...

What great makes! Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fun cards! Loving your folded design and fruity stamps; the background must have taken you ages to colour - so beautifully created ๐Ÿ˜Š. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

WOW... what a great assortment of cards, loving the fun folds and all. Adorable images and great coloring. You have a couple more challenges you might want to include... our partner for this challenge is Festive Friday and you have three of their elements from their Inspo List at https://festivefridaychallenge.com/festive-friday-card-making-and-paper-crafting-challenge-ff0167/ and another fun fold challenge at Creative Creases at https://secretstamper.com/category/creative-creases-challenge/ Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and please come back. Hope you visit these other two challenges.

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous selection of cards and background paper you created love the rocker one with the wobbly image.
Carol x

Donna Scholz said...

Emma, a wobble AND a rock! So cute, and I'm sure Charlotte will love it!! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at Double Trouble for our "GORP" challenge!!! -Donna

Melanie R said...

Love your Schommelkaart, Emma! I have only made one of these ages ago. Maybe it's time to make another so thank you for the inspiration and thank you for joining our challenge at Double Trouble.

HilaryJane said...

Wow, I love all these. So happy and colourful. Well done for persevering with the background as it was definitely well worth it. Great inspiration for all of us xx

Linby said...

wow! You look like you had a fabulous time with these stamps. They are all brilliant and I wouldn't have thought to make a sheet to use, I usually do one at a time.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Emma what an awesome selection of fruity creations each and every one is absolutely gorgeous and so well designed brilliant work
hugs
lolo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the fun you have been having with the stamps! Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Kirsty said...

These are all just amazing Emma, love how you have made the fruity background paper my sweet, must have taken you ages to colour them in but brilliant job. Love adding wobblers to cards and great colours again. Brilliant. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Kellianne said...

I love all of these creations so much!! Those little citrus cuties are just darling and what a cool idea - that rocker card! Where ya'll love fruit so much, this was a perfect challenge for you to shine with your creativity! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble :)

Jinny said...

They are so adorable! Love your bright and cheery color choice. Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny