Followers

Monday 11 September 2017

Highland Herd Birthday

Good Morning everyone and welcome to another new week, boy do they fly by!

So today i am sharing the first card i made for my brothers birthday.  Some of you know that as a dairy farmer he likes to work with rare breeds and some of the older breeds, they produce less milk but higher quality ideal for Cornish Clotted Cream.  

Although not rare he does have a couple of highland cows in his herd.  Its always difficult to keep coming up with different ideas for the men in my family but found this lovely highland cow stamp by sheena, lots of masking and we get a herd of highlands!




8x8 card blank, image all matted onto chocolate brown cardstock.  Computer printed sentiment. 

I first stamped the front highland cow, then masked with pebeo drawing gum, then stamped the 2 behind and then masked them and kept going until filled the page.  I used lighter inks on the back cows, i used colorbox chalk inks to stamp them all.  I then carefully removed the drawing gum and added a little definition using inktense pencils.  



Just a close up.  Although its a pretty simple card it was time consuming.

Items used:
Sheena Douglass 'Highland Dinner' stamp
Colorbox chalk inks
Derwent Inktense pencils
Pebeo drawing gum

You might also like:


Thank you for stopping by and all your visits last week.  I hope you all have a good week and find some sunshine. Hugs Emma




18 comments:

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, I'm sure your brother loved it

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card fabulous colouring Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Babs said...

It's amazing Emma fantastic masking and what a marvellous result, love your ckn card too the colour's are beautiful great design, have a good week my friend.
Hugs Babs x

Alison59 said...

That doesn't look simple to me Emma. It's absolutely brilliant :-)

Jean S said...

Fabulous!!!Emma, I love it. As I'm sure he will too jxx

Sue Nicholson said...

Brilliant colouring, thanks for sharing x

Anonymous said...

Only you could pull off a Herd..Love the Pun...fabulous work.never tried masking..love the results though...marilynh.x

ALI said...

That's fantastic, I love it.

Cherie said...

That is gorgeous. Tony and I love Highland cattle.

Betty Bailey said...

That's absolutely fabulous Emma and your brother will love it.

Pam said...

Wow, how can you say a simple card, you have put so much work into it and it is brilliant. I love the sentiment ! I am sure your brother loved it.
Pam x

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card, Emma! It must have taken ages to stamp, mask and stamp again to create a herd of cows like this...but the result is truly brilliant. Hugs, Kathleen

StephW said...

A fabulous card for your brother well worth all that masking effort
.. Steph x

Kirsty said...

What a fabulous card, I'm loving all the cows bet it took you an age to mask them all out, but well worth it, fab Emma. Kirsty.x

GemmaB said...

Brilliant card, I am sure your brother loved it. Gx

GemmaB said...

Brilliant card, I am sure your brother loved it. Gx

GemmaB said...

Brilliant card, I am sure your brother loved it. Gx

Kathy P said...

Brilliant card Emma. xx