Followers

Thursday 25 April 2019

Black Cats

Good Morning everyone.  

Today im sharing a Male birthday card i made for my parents elderly neighbour Harry.  He eats his evening meal each day with my parents and joins in alot of family gatherings so is sort of an 'adopted' grandad to us.

Harry has a black cat that was dumped on the farm as a kitten, the cat is also called Harry, Harry the man is very eccentric and all his cats have been called Harry too, so this cat now is Harry the 6th or some such.  My parents also have male black cats, one rescued at 1 yr old after it was abandoned.  Anyway Harry's cat spends his life patrolling the perimeter to keep all others at bay.  My parents cat just ignores him.  So for this  card for Harry the man i went with a black cat theme for a change.  

Unusually for me this is a one layer card, i wanted to cut the paw prints into the base card so it peeked through into the insert.  

6x6 white cardblank.  I first stenciled the paw print, but as my stencil is a heart shape and i didn't think that was apt for Harry i also used a circle die to cut a circle out of a piece of scrap card for a mask.  I taped down the heart stencil on the base card and then placed the circle aperture piece over the top and then brushed on my oxide inks.  This meant i kept the paw prints in a circle shape.  I then removed the stencils, replaced the circle mask and lightly inked around the outside edge of the circle.  Hope that makes sense?

I then used my 2nd paw print stencil to add some paw prints around the outside edge of the cardblank and then again lightly inked around the outside with the same oxide inks. I then die cut the paw print die into the middle of the card.  I stamped the greeting.

I then stamped two of the crazy cats onto white card and coloured with grey & black distress inks.  I used green oxide ink for their eyes.  I then fussy cut them out, after gently shaping their bodies i attached them to the card front with glue gel.  

I used some black patterned paper for my card insert so that where it shows through the paw print apertures you see the black paw prints.  I added a little strip/off cut down the left hand edge of the card front to tie it together a bit. 




A close up, trying to show peeking through the paw prints into the inside of the card and my black paper insert.  I use a beautiful double sided paper from the 2019 range of paper pads at B&M - so recommend them for quality.  Ideal for boxes and envelopes too.


This shows the 2 plastic paw print stencils and the circle mask i made to turn the heart into a circle.  Of course you can use this method to turn any stencil into a circle shape if you only want part of a stencil.  Or try die cutting another shape. 


Items Used:
Tim Holtz Crazy cats mini stamps
Elizabeth Crafts 'hearts & paws prints' die '1563'
Paw print stencils
Circle die
Stampin up sentiment stamsp 'curly cute'
Oxide Distress inks - twisted citron, cracked pistachio, peacock feathers
Crafts You Create papers (B&M) 12x12 paper  'B&W'
CraftUk Ltd, white card


Thank you all for stopping by and waving hello to all my followers via email, thank you to all of you who sent me beautiful Easter cards, all unique creations. I hope you enjoy the weekend whatever you get upto.  Hugs Emma


Id love to enter the following challenges please:










***







23 comments:

meg said...

loved reading about Harry and the reason you made this fabulous card Emma

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, love it xx

Cherie said...

That would make a great Halloween party invitation.

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little black cat card Emma … just love that cat image and I am sure Harry the 6ths daddy loved it too … hope all is well … and thank you for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a Brilliant card, love the story to go with it, it will suit him admirably and I'm sure he will love it as I do. Thank you so much for joining us in our Anything Goes/ One Layer challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

The Male Room
themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Mrs A. said...

This is a super card for Harry. My daughter has a black cat called Boo who adopted them too. Hugs Mrs A.

Pam said...

I love this card and I am sure Harry did too.
My SIL supports a football team nicknamed the Black Cats so this has given me an idea for his birthday card.
Pam x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely, smashing card, like colour combo cheers sue

Lisa J said...

What a lovely story about Harry (the man) and Harry the cats! Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at Crafty Animals this month. Lisa DT

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonder idea there Emma for single layer card design and using a circle mask to turn the heart shape into a circle. I didn’t have it clear till t saw it with masks, just what you’d done, hope the two Harry’s loved it as was certainly brilliant design and card. A keeper.
Hugs Shaz in Oz,x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and love how you used the stencils...Marilyn.x

StephW said...

Love how you've used and adapted your stencils to create Harry's card, the die cut paw prints are a fabulous design element, super creation ... Steph x

Dawn Phillips said...

This is brilliant. I'm sure Harry will love it. Love Dawn x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is so cute, Emma! Love your awesome stencilled pawprints and those two funny black cats! Harry will love it - I enjoyed reading about him and his cats! Enjoy your weekend!

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant card Emma, love the design is fab. Harry will love this card x

Betty said...

I love this one as I'm sure Harry did too Emma.

ALI said...

Great card Emma, he will love.
A Very nice thing that your parents are doing with Harry x

pinkclover.cards said...

Brilliant card Emma - great work with the stencils and I just love those crazy cats!
Fatima x

FridayFeeling said...

A fantastic card, love the stencilled colours & the inset paw prints are brilliant - fab design!

Jean S said...

An other great card Emma, I’m sure Harry loved it. Jxx

Kirsty said...

Fantastic card Emma, perfect for Harry and for other cat lovers too. Love how you altered the stencil shape with a mask and thank you for sharing that. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Lise Mariann said...

Such a fun card! Love the story about Harry and harry as well. Got to love cat lovers (as you might understand I am a cat lover as well). Those cat stamps are so funny and I love your colors. Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

x Lise Mariann, DT The Male Room Challenge

ike said...

What a fabulous story... Harry sounds like a great character. Fancy all the cats have been named Harry so far - that makes me grin :-D
This card is p-AWESOME :-D Such a lot of work. The cats are very funny and your stenciling rocks !
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
Hugz
IKE x
My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog