Followers

Wednesday 26 July 2023

Alice is 8

Good Morning everyone

My niece Alice is 8 next week.  First i made a paint pallet shaped card as she is a good little artist and her paintings are always full of detail.

Approx size 7x6"  I first die cut 2 large ovals from kraft card, i scored the top of the 2nd one attached to the back of the 1st one to make my shaped card base.  I then die cut a small circle through both layers and used scissors to cut a curved shape out to make it look more like a paint pallet.  I also stamped a wood grain stamp in sepia ink so it looks like its made out of wood. 

From the scrap box i die cut colourful splats, some are satin & glitter card so come to life when the light hits them.  I stamped the Katzelkraft elephant stamp onto white card and watercoloured with distress inks.  I fussy cut him, his beret & paint pallet and added to the base with glue gel.  On the easel i stamped the letter a in black and doodled on some flowers and coloured in, i then added to the base.  

On a scrap of white card i drew a simple paintbrush, added some ink to the end and cut out, i then glued this onto his trunk.  Computer printed sentiment to finish - which could have been bigger but was out of time.

Showing it stood up, to help i just trimmed a little off the bottom of the back piece so it is flat and then stands easily.  I added glossy accents to his eyes and tusks

and the insert.  I found a splodgy paper in my stash and die cut into an oval and cut out the hand hold areas.  Computer printed sentiment die cut into a oval.

Items Used:
Katzelkraft stamps 'elephant van gogh' 
Stampin up 'hard wood'
XL stitched oval dies
circle dies
Splat dies
CraftUK ltd kraft card

Id love to enter the following:






***
and card 2 

6x6"  I found this lovely kingfisher in an old paper pad which i thought would be ideal as Alice loves all thing nature. I my my base card from floral foiled acetate from hunkydory and attached the kingfisher to the front with glue gel.  I then found a suitable paper for the insert which has a floral scene, after cutting the insert i fussy cut the flowers left over on the paper and added them to the front of the card to frame the kingfisher and really make it feel like he is sat in a meadow.  

Computer printed age, die cut into a circle and glitter glue added to its edges, the butterfly wings and flower centres.  I added glossy accents to the birds beak & eyes.


The double sided paper i used for the insert in green inside so i printed onto white paper, die cut and added to the insert.  To attached the insert i just added glue that was hidden behind the kingfisher so it doesn't show through the front.

Items Used;
Hunkydory acetate
Crafts you create paper pad 'colourful birds'  (B&M very old)
Make & Create paper pad 'botanical garden' (the works)

Thank you all for stopping by once again, i hope you have a good week.  Its scary that its the first week of the school summer holidays - this year is flying by.  Take it easy. Emmax




 

8 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutley stunning pallet and card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Your artistic elephant made me smile,love the elements and layout,the vibrant kingfisher card is stunning

jimlynn said...

Both are fabulous. I love the first one and that fun shape! She's going to love this. The second card - lovely, lovely!! The kingfisher really does look like it's sitting in a meadow. Wonderful cards!
Lynn

Jean S said...

Great cards for her Emma, I’m sure she will love them Jxx

Kirsty said...

Amazing Emma, just love them both. The paint palette idea is just brilliant and the beautiful kingfisher card is gorgeous. Alice will love them both too. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

StephW said...

Amazing pallet card so clever! Kingfisher is fabulous ... Steph x

Craftyfield said...

Wow! Your palette card is so clever... great execution too with the wood grain stamping and circle die-cut, it's all in the details... Love the Katzelkraft elephant, perfect for our Country View Challenge this month! Thank you so much for playing with us.

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous card Emma
Kate x