Good Morning all, don't know where the weeks are going as its Monday again.
Today i am sharing a canvas ive been working on for Weeks/Months - i think its now finished, my first real attempt at lots of paint, stamps and layers of mixed media in the background. The original idea was to use all the different quirky cat stamps ive collected lately. Nothing like i imagined!
10x14" Canvas, once building up the background (see below) i stamped and coloured the cats with inktense pencils as these are permanent & colour fast once water is added. I then cut them all out. I die cut white circles and added a little background stamping to them, i added the circles and cats to the canvas.
I added black around the circles to help them stand out from the background. I then die cut the title in black card and added with gel medium. I computer printed out lots of little words associated with cats and added again with gel medium. To finish i sealed the whole canvas.
Just showing from different angle.
Close up of the Ginger Tom - leader of the gang😃
Just a close up of the left side
close up of the right side.
This is the background before adding the cats.
1. I attached various shapes i found in my stash of grunge board - flowers & swirls
2. Texture paste added through a 'dots' mask & free hand
3. Coated everything in gesso and then once dry I added yellow, orange, purple & blue acrylic paint - picking up on the colours of my cats.
4. Added tissue paper with a script pattern. I wet around the tissue paper i wanted with a brush and water and once it has soaked in gently tore it out - the ends blend in better with the background that way instead of using scissors.
5. Added Stamping of butterflies, alpha stamps with black paint. Then dry brushed with white to soften that layer.
6. Added tissue paper paw prints using gel medium.
7. Using the edge of a card i added black 'scratches'
8. Edged the whole canvas in black acrylic paint to frame the edge.
Tim Holtz crazy cat stamps
Katzelkraft Cat stamps
Paperartsy Zinski art cat stamps
Small cat stamps came free with a magazine
Stampin up 'kinda eclectic'
Tim Holtz word play bigz die & Small Alpha dies
Tim Holtz grunge board shapes
Script & paw print tissue paper
Golden Texture paste
Pebeo acrylic paints & gesso
I think i will try a canvas with dogs on now.
2 of my nieces are coming down to spend the day with me today so im looking forward to that, they are growing fast.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. Emma
I would like to enter the following challenges: