Followers

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Bugs

Good Morning everyone, well autumn is slowly arriving down here in Cornwall, trees are starting to turn and summer flowers going over.  So time to see those beautiful garden spiders creating amazing webs.  So a warning that spiders are ahead for those who aren't keen on them. 

Its time for a new challenge over at Cardz4guyz and the theme is:

BUGS

We the design team had a long discussion on this subject as the meaning of bugs is different here in the UK to the meaning in USA, so as the DT members are international we decided to go for any form of insect life/creepy crawlies this includes butterflies, bees etc so more scope for ideas for your projects.

After having a think and look through my stash i decided to use my spider web and spider dies for a change.  




6x6 white card blank.  In my graphics programme Serif Craft Artist i printed out an autumny background scene, with toadstools in greens and browns.  Also added a couple of white muted moths to the background, Added the sentiment in white.  I sized it so that it would be just larger than my die cut frame.  I die cut my background into a stitched square and mounted onto dark brown card and then the base.

I die cut my spiders web and spider from white card.  I painted the web with silver paint, to give the effect you get of dew on a spiders web, i added this to the back of my white inverted die cut frame, then added foam tape to the back of the frame and added to the base.  Doing it this way meant the actual web isn't stuck directly to the image.  

I added my white spider and drew on a string for him dangling from the web with a silver pen. 



Just a close up of my friendly spider.  

Items Used:
Spider & web die
Daisytrail digikit - 'water garden' (sadly discountinued)
Mama Elephant inverted scallop frame die
Silver acylic paint.


So do pop over and see what bugs everyone comes up with at cardz4guyz

I hope you all have a good week.  Emma

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous love the black and white layering Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Love this card Emma, Gwen xx

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the background against your spider's web. It's a lovely card (can't believe I said that...I hate spiders but it is beautiful). Love Dawn x

ALI said...

Cracking card Emma!

Pam said...

Another great card Emma, although I have to admit I don't like spiders !
Pam x

meg said...

Fabulous card, love the spider dangling from his web

Carole Pollard said...

Thats a great design and I love the dies you used on this it looks gorgoeus Love and hugs Carole x

marlene said...

Neat how you placed your layout project pieces then framed them. Super!!

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little spider card Emma … I love your design and love how you have done the web and the little string for him to hang on to … hope you are well … have a great rest of the week … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Ooo I'm not a fan of real Autumn spiders, your die cut one is perfect though dangling from it's web and I love the setting you've created ... Steph x

Alison59 said...

Great card Emma :-)

Betty said...

I love this card and don't have a problem with spiders.

Kirsty said...

Wow this is amazing Emma, I love it how the spider and web stand out so well against the background. I'm definitely an Autumnal girl, I love the cooler weather, the ways the trees change colours and like you seeing the dewy spider webs, not a massive fan of spiders but have got better with age. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Herbaholic said...

Love this card Emma, it had memories of Charlotte's Web dancing in my head, I love that background as well, such a shame that Daisytrail are no more :( I have the dies but havne't used them for a while, may did them out now thanks for the inspiration :) Hugs - Debs xxx