Followers

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Winter Blues

 Good Morning Everyone. 

Its time for a new challenge over at Cardz4guyz  and the theme for the next fortnight is:

WINTER BLUES
A winter card in shades of blue and of course for a boy/man


I decided to do a snowflake emboss resist background for my polar bears





6x6 white card base, my blue panel takes it upto 7" wide as it over hangs the edges of the base card. Something i do now and then and it adds interest and i didn't want to hide all the embossed snowflakes.  

I first stamped the snowflakes onto white card using embossing ink and added a clear embossing powder.  I then inked over the top using distress inks in blue tones.  I splashed on some water and dabbed with a tissue, this gives more interest.  I then rubbed the ink of the embossed snowflakes with a tissue - the embossing powder resists the ink so easily wipes off.  I then added this panel onto navy cardstock and then the base card. 

I die cut my polar bears from white cardstock, added navy card behind the snowflakes in the bear, added on top of a die cut silver mirror snowflake and then a circle cut from vellum.  Add the scarf to the baby bear which i inked with distress oxide.  Stamped greeting onto the base card.   


Just a close up showing the bears better.

Items Used:
Craft stamper mag stamp - the snowflake
Tattered lace polar bears die
Spellbinders lrg snowflake die
Wonky stitched circle dies
Distress Inks - peacock feathers, everygreen bough, chipped shappire
Distress Oxide ink - cracked pistachio
White card is CardcraftUk
Silver & Navy card is payper box.

So if you fancy joining in or just to see what the rest of the DT created and all the entries over the next 2 weeks do hop over to cardz4guyz

I hope you all have a good week, hopefully i will get a bit more time to craft this week, last week was busy with family visiting us.  Lovely to catch up with them all. Hugs Emma



I would like to enter the following challenges:
animalfriendschallenge-november - Winter

craftyanimals challenge-20 - anything goes with animal

sparklesforumchristmaschallenge - embossing wet or dry   - heat embossed background



16 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card I love blue Christmas cards Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Beautiful card love the polar bear die cut, and the shades of blue

Sue Nicholson said...

Great Christmas card, thanks for sharing x

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Emma, I love blue and silver and great ideal for a male card. Big hugs Kirsty. x

StephW said...

Wonderful card, your polar bears look so happy amongst the snowflakes ... Steph x

Pam said...

I have only tried this technique once - must try it again. Your card is brilliant and ideal for any person.
Pam x

gwen70 said...

Beautiful card, love the colours

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous card Emma Kate x

Jean S said...

Great Christmas cards Emma,, tryn again to leave comment xx

ALI said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the design and the polar bears.

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous card hun. I like the over the edge thing. It's a bit different. Love Dawn x

Janice said...

Gorgeous background and I love those bears!
Janice x

pinky said...

This is so eye catching and beautiful Emma. That shade of blue is just perfect for a winter card.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Emma...love the winter colour and great die....which I have somewhere.....still unpacking stash since my move..each box I open like christmas...lol....not seen some of my stash for 18 months..Joolsx

Herbaholic said...

I love the colour combo Emma and those polar bears are so cute :) Love & hugs - Debs xxx

Paddington fan said...

Love your cute polar bears and the emboss resist background is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining our Embossing Challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this month and I do hope you'll join us again soon, Love Jacky x
Sparkles Xmas DT