Followers

Tuesday 15 January 2019

Trains, Plains & Automobiles

Good Morning everyone.

Its time for the first challenge of the year over at Cardz4guyz with the theme for the next 2 weeks being

Trains, Planes and/or Automobiles 

So a good theme for start with alot of scope.  I made this card for my brothers birthday last week.



I first made a card 6x6 cardblank from a lovely pre-embossed ivory cardstock.  I covered the front in a brown and cream paper with a travel theme.  Using the same ivory card i used for the base i used curved border dies on the bottom edge and cut a panel to cover 3/4 of the cardfront. I die cut an oval into the middle and then added it to the front with foam tape.

I then die cut a map pattern paper with the same oval die and glued it into the oval aperture.  I added a small strip of the brown paper to the top edge and added die cut screw tops to the corners. 

I stamped the vintage car stamp onto cream and then a pale red paper, i paper pieced the red version onto the cream version and then cut the whole car out and added to the middle of the oval.  

Ive had this paper pad for years, nice to get to use a few papers from it on the same project. The vintage car stamp is also eons old, so good to start the new crafting year using up some very old products!



Items Used:
Graphic 45 'come away with me' 6x6 papers
MFT die-namics scalloped edge border dies
Spellbinders 'nuts & bolts' die set
Spellbinders oval die
Wildrose studio 'vintage car' CL095 stamp
Ivory embossed cardstock - payper box

Please do hop over to cardz4guyz to join in and see what everyone else comes up with, a good theme to kick start the mojo😊

I hope you all have a good week. Emma

18 comments:

meg said...

Fabulous idea to paper piece the car, love the colours you chose and your lay out Emma a great make

Kate Jeffery said...

a fabulous card Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Excellent vintage motoring car, love the stitched curve aperture & those screw top mounts ... Steph x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a fabulous card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Diane said...

Wonderful masculine card design Emma.

Hugs Diane

Sue Nicholson said...

Great guys card x

Pam said...

A great male card Emma.
Pam x

ALI said...

Love it Emma, you always hit the spot with those pesky male cards...

gwen70 said...

Brilliant male card Emma xx

Betty said...

Brilliant card Emma.

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card hun. Love Dawn x

pinkclover.cards said...

Brilliant card Emma. You have some great ideas for those tricky male cards.
Fatima x

Cherie said...

It's always difficult to make cards for men. That is a lovely one.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Emma..always hard to make for the males in my life! Joolsx

Janice said...

A great masculine card, I particularly like the embossing around the car.
Janice x

Kirsty said...

Loving this card Emma, great make for the men whose cards I always struggle with. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Sian said...

I love this card. The paper pieced car looks great.

FridayFeeling said...

A fabulous card - lovely stamp & a great idea to curve the edge of the embossed card, it works so well.