Followers

Thursday 21 March 2019

Ladybirds

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing a fun childrens birthday card using ladybirds or to my followers elsewhere in the world ladybugs.  I think its actually suitable for adults too.



DL cardbase.  This card using alot of scraps and snippets.  The squares, ladybirds and sentiment were all cut from little pieces of card inked with brushos, pixies powders and oxide inks.  The flowers left over bits of white card.  

I first cut a panel of white card slightly smaller than the cardfront, i embossed this with a brick wall embossing folder and lightly brushed oxide inks in tumbled glass & pistachio over the top.  I added this panel to the card front. 

I didnt have enough of one colour of inked card for 3 squares, so the 2 outside ones are from brusho/pixie powder card and the middle one is oxide inks. The ladybirds were cut from black card and red brusho card and layered up.  The sentiment is cut from the same red brusho card.  I gently shaped my white flowers and added to the circles and then my 3 ladybirds added one top. 

Close up on the ladybirds.  We don't get an awful lot of them here in this part of Cornwall due to the damp atmosphere so its always a little exciting to see the odd one or two in the garden.  


Items Used:
Elizabeth Crafts die - 711 Ladybugs
Elizabeth crafts happy birthday die
MFT stitched square dies
Flower die
Crafters companion wall embossing folder
Oxide inks - tumbled glass, pistachio
Brushos
Pixie powders

Thank you all for stopping by, i hope you all have a good end to the week and weekend.  Emmax


Id like to enter the following:




21 comments:

meg said...

wonderful fun card Emma, love the ladybirds and suitable for any one

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. I love the ladybirds.Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is Bugs. Hugs Jackie DT

Kathleen said...

A really lovely card, super colours and the ladybirds look great against the white flowers.

Kath x

Cherie said...

That's a pretty one.

Dawn Phillips said...

What a brilliant way to use your odds and ends. Love Dawn x

Wendy L said...

A wonderful card for our challenge at MAWTT. Xx

Pam said...

Love the Ladybug card. I think ladybugs on cards are suitable for all ages.
Pam x

Kirsty said...

Absolutely love this Emma, I am a massive fan of ladybirds and even persuaded the OH to have one tattooed on his arm between all his scary tattoos, ha ha! I think the card is gorgeous and lovely and bright. Have a good weekend my lovely. Big hugs Kirsty. x

gwen70 said...

Wonderful card Emma, I think it is suitable for adults as well as children, I love it xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card design
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Carole Pollard said...

What a great design idea I love the shape and those beautiful lady birds just great Love and hugs Carole x

Kathleen said...

What a lovely bright card, Emma! I love seeing ladybirds in our garden.
Hugs, Kathleen

Diane said...

What a super cute idea and design Emma. Love the flowers, panels and ladybugs.

Hugs Diane

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous card Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Love your ladybirds adorning each flower especially the middle one with its wings open, super layout & great use of yet more of your scraps/snippets!
Steph x

ALI said...

Gorgeous Emma, I can send you some down if you wish, we seem to have a nest somewhere in the kitchen at work because they are everywhere. x

Donna said...

What a beautiful card, I like how you used ladybugs as you flower centers, very clever and stunning!

Jean S said...

They are super Emma, love ladybirds, great card xx

Betty said...

This is just Briliant.

KandA said...

Gorgeous card Emma and would definitely work for children and adults. I love the super little ladybirds and it's such a great way to use up your snippets xx

Di said...

Great card Emma and super use of snippets as well. As said by others, this is perfect for kiddies or grown-ups - and thinking about it am sure I have some never-used ladybird (bug) dies. And loads of flower dies, as well as a ton of flat fabric/silk flowers that I almost ditched recently - great inspirations!

Hugs

Di xx