Followers

Thursday 28 March 2019

Welcome Spring

Good Morning all, well aren't we having a beautiful week with the sunshine, looks like spring is finally here. 

Todays card i sent to a good friend as i know she loves daffodils and spring as much as i do.  This daffodil stamp is actually one of the very first i bought many years ago.



Finished card is approx 7x7".  On a panel of yellow pattern paper die cut into a hexagon, i stamped the daffodils.  I stamped the daffodils twice onto white card and unusually for me I coloured them with alcohol markers. I cut them out and decoupaged onto the main image with glue gel.  I then lightly inked with a dots stencil around the edge with marmalade oxide ink. 

From ivory card i cut a hexagon frame for my daffodil and with foam tape mounted onto some ochre green card, this i then cut to shape and mounted onto Ivory cardbase which i then cut to the hexagon shape. I glued the daffodil panel into the centre. 

I die cut the sentiment banners from teh same ivory cardstock, i lightly inked with green the part that i wanted to attach to the ivory frame so it stood out more.  Green glitter gems to finish.


Just a close up on my daffodils. I did add little glitter highlights to the tip of their trumpets. 

Items Used:
Chocolate Baroque daffodil stamp
Stitched hexagon dies
Welcome Spring dies
Designer Paper - Basic Grey 'Highline'
Ivory & ochre cardstock - payper box
Alcohol markers
Oxide inks - spiced marmalade, twisted citron

Thank you all for stopping by, i hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and then the weekend.  Hugs Emmax



*****

Id love to enter the following:











18 comments:

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

meg said...

Beautiful card Emma, love the fresh yellows and greens and the beautiful background paper

Darlene said...

So, so pretty Emma and I love the shape! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Celebrate Spring’ challenge. Please come back again soon and Good Luck!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning spring card . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning Emma, your colored image and hexagon framing is beautiful.

Hugs Diane

Cherie said...

That's pretty Emma. I love the freshness of Spring... All that yellow and purple in the garden lifts my spirtis

StephW said...

A wonderful fresh creation, love how you've just inked part of the sentiment banners and I did think at first the whole background was stencilled until I read further! Daffs are coloured gorgeously ... Steph x

Pam said...

A gorgeous card Emma, your colouring is amazing, those daffodils look real.
Pam x

gwen70 said...

A wonderful card Emma, love all the beautiful spring colours xx

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card and perfect for Spring! The shape is absolutely wonderful!! Thank you for playing with my Celebrate Spring challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

pinkclover.cards said...

Beautiful spring card Emma. I love the background you've created. Have a great weekend.
Fatima x

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card Emma, nothing better to make you feel full of Spring than sunshine and daffodils. Gorgeous. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Greta said...

Love the shaped card & beautiful flowers!

Dawn Phillips said...

Emma this is stunning. There's so much to it. Love Dawn x

Jean S said...

Beautiful,card Emma xx

ALI said...

Beautiful Emma, lovely and fresh x

Connie Can Crop said...

Gorgeous Daffodils! And a lovely card! Thanks so much for entering the Crafty Gals Challenge! Good Luck! DT Connie

FridayFeeling said...

Sorry I've not popped by in such a while - I've missed so many of your fantastic designs!
I just love this card - the daffodils are so beautifully coloured and your background is just gorgeous!