Followers

Saturday 22 June 2019

Neon Butterflies

 Good Morning all.

Now that the problem with the challenge link up tools seems to have been sorted out i can once again join in some challenges.  So i really wanted to join in the neon rainbow over at rainbowcardchallenge


I do have some neon card somewhere - obviously in a very safe place😀, i then had a brainwave and found my neon highlighter pens and had a play.  Only a couple of the colours seemed to like playing with water so i decided to just use them like marker pens to colour in white card.  Im rather pleased with the effect so think i shall have to use the pens again in the future. 

I also decided to make an Acetate card blank for a change too.



I folded a piece of A4 acetate in half and cut to 6x6" for my cardbase.  I die cut a white frame and attached to the acetate front with foam tape.  I then die cut lots of butterflies from white card and coloured them with my neon pens, on some i coloured the solid base layer and on others the fancy lacy top layer, I then glued the 2 layers together.  I then arranged them on my acetate front.  I then die cut lots of tiny butterflies and arranged.  Neon glitter gems to embellish.  

'Embrace Everyday' chit chat stickers attached to a little patterned paper and then the card front to finish.  I went with Embrace Everyday as the butterfly makes the most of their short lives and we need to appreciate everyday and the magical world that is around us.  

From this angle you can hopefully make out how i only attached the insert to the spine & left the rest loose so that the light can shine through the acetate and the butterflies kind of look like they are floating.

It took me ages to find a suitable patterned paper to use as my insert to match in with the rainbow theme and that went with the butterflies.  I decided on this watercolour effect paper in a bluey/purple shade to add the last couple of rainbow colours.  So i folded the single sided paper with the pattern on the outside so the pattern shows through the acetate. 


Butterfly close up, i added two layered butterflies to the middle one.  I only glued them all in the middles so the wings are free.  I added a touch of glitter glue to the centres of the small butterflies. 


Just a photo to show the neon highlighter pens i used and the butterfly dies.  The sizzix butterfly set is one of my most used as you get several sizes and a bottom solid layer and a fancy top layer which can also be used on their own.  And of course my memory box mini butterflies - again one of my most used dies. 


Items Used:
Sizzix Butterfly die set
Memory box mini butterfly dies
Square frame die
Hunkydory acetate
Papermania 12x12 patterned paper
Papermania Neon glitter gems
Stickles Glitter glue - diamond
Tim Holtz chit chat stickers
Neon Highlighter pens

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get to see some sunshine. Emmax



Id love to enter the following:



******


*****



*****




25 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Thanks for showing that picture of the neon colored card stock with the butterflies cut out of it! I was wondering how you achieved that amazing look! Those butterflies sure steal the show! This card is gorgeous!!

Thanks for sharing it with us for our Cut it Up for our Welcome Summer challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning card Have a lovely weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

love the bright colours Emma, great idea to use the neon pens, love this card

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, beautiful card with so much color! Wonderful how you colored the butterfly dies! Also such a creative card base! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Cherie said...

Emma, I like this more than anything else you have made.... and you do make such pretty cards.

gwen70 said...

Wow Emma that really hits you in the eye, fab card xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Wow beautiful card, thanks for sharing cheers Sue

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, love the use of the neon pens, great effect on the butterflies. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful rainbow of butterflies. Hugs Mrs A.

Pam said...

Wow, what a fabulous card. I love how you have used the acetate and mounted the butterflies on it. Simply stunning.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card...and I love so much about it. The bright colours of the butterflies and your use of the neon pens (a really luminous idea!) , the way the butterflies float on the acetate...and the sentiment you have used is so appropriate. Each day is indeed precious.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful card!

StephW said...

What a great idea to use neon highlighters! Wonderful colourful butterflies fluttering across your card, so beautiful ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Denise Fletcher said...

So bright and colourful!

Dawn Phillips said...

I'm not really a fan of neon but I love the effect you have created here. Love Dawn x

Darlene said...

WOW! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Katy McGloin said...

Thanks for sharing your rainbow butterfly card with the Sisterhood of Crafters "3B" challenge this week! Love the movement across the frame!

jimlynn said...

Love, Love, LOVE those bright and beautiful butterflies! They're so pretty and your entire card makes me happy and puts a smile on my face. LOVE IT!
Lynn

Em Louise Fairley said...

Emma, this is absolutely STUNNING! I love how you've used my favorite butterflies. Thanks for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge, and I hope we see you again soon.
Em, DT

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING!!! I love those butterflies—thank you for sharing how you created them! Totally gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at TRCC! I hope to see you again soon! Hugs! Mynn xx

Jean S said...

How fab is this card Emma, that green and pink colour reminded me of socks I had many many moons ago when the luminous colours were all the go!!haha xxx

ALI said...

Gorgeous and bright Emma x

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Rainbow Card Challenge this time and good luck :)

sue t. said...

So clever of you to use highlighters! You brilliant and crafty chick!! Love your card!! Thanks for joining us this month at The Rainbow Card Challenge!!

Susan Renshaw said...

Amazing acetate card!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!