Followers

Thursday 12 September 2019

Life is a Canvas


Morning everyone, i hope you are having a good week.

Today im sharing a stamped card, where ive used lots of different stamps to build up my garden scene.


7x7" scalloped cardbase.  I took a square of white card and stamped my flowers in black and then masked them with pebeo drawing gum. I doodled in some ground with a black fine liner pen. I then inked up the background with distress inks. I added in some detail with oxide inks and stencils.  I added some stamping in grey with a dictionary stamp and stamped in some water drops.  I removed excess ink from the water drops with a damp brush and dabbed with tissue & then added some glossy accents.  

I then removed the masking fluid and coloured the flowers with wink of stella pens.  I die cut lots of little butterfly from purple inked card.  I stamped my little lady onto white card and cut her out.  I stamped the sentiment and cut out. I added my little lady with dimension.  Doodled in white gel pen dots for butterfly trails. 

I then mounted the panel onto silver glitter card and then navy cardstock and then the cardfront. 



A close up, you can just make out the sparkle but in real life the wink of stella pens really shimmer and sparkle. 

Items Used:
Carabelle stamps - 'zinouk du jardin'
Water drop stamps
Stampin Up dictionary stamp
Bee crafty sentiment stamp
Various stencils
Memory box mini butterfly die
Wink of Stella pens
Distress oxide & original inks

In answer to a question last week Kirsty i always use a normal paintbrush over a waterbrush when colouring in images, just personal choice as i find have more control over the amount of water im using. 

Im off to meet my new baby niece today so looking forward to that.  I hope you all have a good day whatever your plans. Hugs Emma



*****

Id love to enter the following:


*****

*****


17 comments:

meg said...

a fabulous scene and sentiment Emma

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous card Emma
Kate x

Kathleen said...

Wonderful card, Emma...so many little details to discover and admire!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Emma what a beautiful card I love the garden ,you are very clever,well done my friend xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

wonderful card
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Pam said...

Another fabulous creation with so much to look at. Love the colours you have used. Agree about the sparkle on the Winks pens. Hope you had some cuddles with your new niece.
Pam x

brenda said...

There's a lovely whimsical feel to your pretty card, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous card Emma xx

ALI said...

Gorgeous Emma, lovely background x

Viv said...

A simply lovely card Emma with so much detail. Perfect for out 'Flowers' challenge at Stamping Sensations and thanks for sharing!

Dora said...

This is beautiful made!
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Diane said...

Fabulous detailed background, colors and card design Emma.

Hugs Diane

Alison59 said...

Oh how pretty :-)

Jackie C said...

Super scene! Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC

StephW said...

I have the greatest pleasure of being able to hold this wonderful arty creation in my hand, there are so many fabulous inky colourful elements to admire ... thank you so much Emma, I think you can tell I love it! Steph x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely colourful card, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

Kirsty said...

Thank you Emma for answering my question, your painting with distress inks is always so good. Absolutely love this card and all the details in the background and stamping, more inspiration for my stamping, thank you my lovely. Big hugs Kirsty, x