Followers

Monday 21 October 2019

Jolly Snowmen

Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend.

Today im sharing a batch of snowmen shaped Christmas cards.  I used a die by tattered lace that cuts over the edge and only cuts the head of the snowman, i combined that with my circle dies to give him a nice round snowball body.  I used pearl card and coloured with alcohol markers.

Finished size approx 6x4".   On a piece of pearl cardstock i first die cut the snowman, i then lined up a circle die where his shoulders stop, i slid the top of the circle die behind his head so that that part didn't cut his head off😁 and then die cut. I put the body part in a snowfall embossing folder to add texture. I then folded a piece of the pearl card in half, i then took the same size circle die and over lapped it at the spine and ran it through my machine this then made my cardblank. 

I attached my snowman to the cardbase id made and then i trimmed the bottom so that it stood up easily.  I stamped my greeting and die cut into banners.  I hand cut some mittens, coloured and added to it looks like they are holding up the sentiment banner.  I die cut the snowman head again coloured in with alcohol pens and cut out the individual elements and glued to my base snowman - shaping the hat and scarf. 




This show it side on, hopefully making more sense how the snowman head is stood up above the base card. 



Showing different colour combos, the pearl card softens the bright alcohol pen colours



I had good fun making this batch of cards.  For my big birthday this year my family clubbed together and got me the Craftwell SNAP die cutting machine and i LOVE it, its made batch making so easy and as you can use it on the battery i can do it from the comfort of my arm chair too if i so wish. 


Items Used:
Tattered lace christmas cuties snowman die (ETL150)
Banner die
Crafters companion Snow embossing folder
White pearl cardstock
Christmas sentiment stamps
Alcohol markers
Stickles diamond glitter glue

I hope you all have a lovely week, i enjoyed catching up with family last week, onto my 2nd week of half terms now.  Nice to finally see some sunshine too. Emmax



Id love the enter the following challenges:


******


*****

*****







19 comments:

meg said...

they are a brilliant fun make Emma

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous snowmen cards Emma
Kate x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

they look great so pleased you are loving you birthday present for your family.Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

ALI said...

Love them Emma, may pinch the idea for next year, if you have no objections! x

Sue Nicholson said...

Fab card shape, have a great week cheers Sue N x

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma xx

froebelsternchen said...

What a fun and beautiful made snowmen cards!! Thank you for joining us over at Moo Mania & More! Susi xxx

Babs said...

Wow Emma, what cute snowmen I love the little bird on there hats there ever so sweet, . Hope your doing ok , have a good week.
Babs x

Fabiola said...

Qu'il est chou et adorable ce bonhomme de neige Emma, c'est une carte très originale et sympa, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Alison59 said...

They certainly are very Jolly Emma :-)

Pam said...

Where do you get your ideas? Another brilliant set of cards Emma.
Pam x

Kirsty said...

Fabulous batch of snowmen cards, great design Emma. Love them all. Sounds like your new die cutting machine is getting lots of use. Hope your have a lovely time with the family, think we are going to be hanging onto our hats again this weekend, shame the sunshine couldn't stay for a bit longer!! Big hugs Kirsty x

StephW said...

Wonderful & original design Emma, fantastic set ... Steph x

Lucinda said...

What a fabulous idea for a card! They're such fun and so Christmassy, I love the texture you've added to. Thnaks for joining in with the 52CCT this week.

Jean S said...

A super set of cards Emma just love them. ......brill as always! Xx

Kathleen said...

Christmas will be very merry with such a jolly snowman. Super cards.

samantha's cards said...

Darling Christmas card, thanks for joining us at the Holly and Ivy.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Snowmen....Great design...Love the little birds....Marilyn.x

sweet art designs said...

Such a fun shape. Thank you for taking part in our 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge - Myrna DT