Followers

Thursday 28 May 2020

Elephant birthday

Good Morning everyone.  Aren't we having beautiful weather - seems like summer. Hay making has begun so its all go down on the farm.

Today im sharing a couple of birthday cards, i made the first one for my sister in laws birthday and then one for the box.  She's more into muted tones so ive gone with soft pastel papers and pearl card. 

6x6 card. I made my card base from grey pearl cardstock and rounded the corners as felt that tied in with the rounded elephant.  I then die cut the circle burst from the middle of the card nearer the top edge.  Using papers from the same pad i stamped and cut out elephant and die cut a curved border die - into this panel i also used a swirly stitched die - it just adds pretty stitched detail without any cutting lines.  I stamped my sentiment in black. 

I mounted my elephant with glue gel and added glossy accents to her eye.  The elephant stamp has foliage on her head - i cut that off and used as little trees sticking them following the curved edge of my 'ground'.


Showing it side on so you can see how the light shines through the circle burst cut into the front.  I Used a soft cream for my insert to tone in with the papers. 

***

Version two has slightly more colour but papers still from the same paper pad teamed up with a soft gold pearl cardstock.


Made exactly the same way as the first one.  This time i used a soft pink pearl paper for the insert.  No bling as i felt all the pearl card had enough shimmer this time.



Just an elephant close up.  I actually decoupaged the head on them both and added a little shading with a grey pen.

Items Used:
Paperartsy Zinksiart stamps 'ZA38'
Memory box large circle burst die
Spellbinders curved border die
Stitched line die
Poundland papers -  'changing seasons'

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you are coping ok. Stay safe & keep cool. Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:



***

***

18 comments:

meg said...

he is a stunner, love your layout in both colourways, a fun card

pinkclover.cards said...

Two great cards Emma. Love the idea of using the foliage as trees - look good. Take care.
Fatima x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Nozomi Design said...

These are amazing, Emma! #2 is my favourite, but they are all great. Everything just works so well together and all the curves lend to the playfulness. Great job! x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card designs Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

jimlynn said...

They're both great! Lovin' that fun elephant too. Great cards!
Lynn

Diane said...

Wonderful fun designs Emma.

Hugs Diane

Shirley-Anne said...

Amazing elephant topper Love the background with dies .Thanks for sharing both versions of this card and for joining in the anything goes challenge from
https://ttcrd.blogspot.com/ Good luck with your entry and hope we see you here again soon
Shirley-Anne DT

Kirsty said...

These are both brilliant Emma, lovely colours, very different than your normal burst of colour. My crazy flamingo arrived yesterday and had to make my first card for a friends teenage daughter, thank you as always for sharing your fabulous creative designs. Stay safe and big hugs Kirsty. x

ALI said...

Great cards Emma, I do love the elephant x

StephW said...

I love the effect of pearlised card too, gorgeous makes in both colourways ... Steph x

Alison59 said...

Ooooh love both the heffalumps Emma :-)

Jenny D said...

Love these elephant cards and design Emma, great for different occasions. Jenny x

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards love the elephant stamp and the circle burst die.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
Carol DT x

Nataliascraft said...

Two fabulous cards Emma, love the elephants xx

Marjut said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous card! I love the die cut background and the elephant is adorable 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Babs said...

To fabulous cards Emma , I do love that elephant, love the die back ground too.
Babs x