Followers

Thursday 4 June 2020

Simply Succulents


Good Morning everyone.

At the beginning of the year i won a set of succulent dies and stamps over on Pixies' snippet challenge - they are very different for me but i enjoyed making these 2 cards with them. The first one i had in mind a Mediterranean courtyard with the succulents kept in an inglenook of an old wall.



A5 cardbase. I first stamped the succulents and pots onto white card and water coloured in with oxide inks adding a little clear wink of stella over the top to add some shimmer. I then fussy cut them out and paired up the succulents with a pot. 
 Using 2 papers with a bluey cool tone i used an arch die to cut my arch and attached with foam tape to the cardfront, i then cut strips of the paper and glued in flat to act as the shelves. I also splashed drops of the inks i used onto the background to add a little touch of colour.  I arranged my pots with glue gel to add a little shape to them. 

Stamped sentiment die cut into an oval & glitter gems to finish. 


A close up, you can see the colours better here and just make out the sparkle on the succulents.


*****
Version 2 - CAS
DL cardbase.  I cut a peice of smooth white card smaller than the cardfront and stamped the succulents and unusually for me coloured them with my alcohol pens and then added a little sparkle over the top with clear wink of stella pen.  I stamped, coloured and cut out the pots, gently shaped and added with glue gel.  I doodled in some ground and added shadow with grey pens.  Stamped sentiment and then attached to the card front.
You can really see the sparkle here from the clear wink of stella pen



Items Used:
Clearly besotted simply succulents stamps
Crealies arch die set
Patterned papers
Oxide inks - evergreen bough, twisted citron, pistachio, lemonade, peacock, black soot, marmelade & candied apple
Alcohol markers
Clear wink of stella pen

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a good end to the week and weekend ahead.  Stay safe. Hugs Emmaxx


Id love to enter the following:





17 comments:

gwen70 said...

Two gorgeous cards Emma, my fave is the second one although I do love them both xx

Nozomi said...

I love how you’ve made two completely different cards with the same stamps. I love them both! x

Alison59 said...

Two lovely cards Emma; I especially like the second one :-)

pinkclover.cards said...

Those cacti and succulents are rather cute Emma! Love the different shades of green you've used.
Fatima x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

FANTASTIC CARD Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

jimlynn said...

They're both terrific!! Love the shine too.
Lynn

ALI said...

Wonderful cards Emma, you do have some fantastic unusual stamps!

meg said...

Two beauties Emma love the stamps and your layout in both

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous cards Emma
Kate x

Nozomi said...

The cards are so different, but they both work so well with these stamps. As always, it's the little details you add which make all the difference! x

Jean S said...

They are lovely cards Emma, unusual stamps , I too like 2nd one, good for a guy card xx

Diane said...

Fabulous design and love the colors Emma.

Hugs diane

Kirsty said...

These are both fantastic Emma. You won't believe what I have just received but a set of card-io cactus stamps, so you have given me some brilliant inspiration. Great minds!!! Take care, big hugs. Kirsty. x

StephW said...

Fab pair, love the arched inglenook design & clean lines of your CAS one ... Steph x

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Both cards are lovely, Emma!
Hugs from your new follower Mariann

Babs said...

Love your garden stamps and your wonderful cards you have made with them , the wink of Stella dose really shine..
Have a good week
Babs x

Handmade by Emma said...

I just love these cacti Emma, beautifully done!