Followers

Thursday 24 September 2020

Circles galore

Good Morning everyone

A birthday card today using lots of die cut circles. This actually started out as i had little offcuts left over and a few white circles so i cut the rest into circles and hey presto!  I luckily found a paper pad in my stash that went perfectly with my marbled card and green mirror card.  Some of circles weren't whole as I didn't have enough card scraps but that wasn't a problem as i have hidden that edge behind others or off the edge of the edge of the card so no one knows any different😀 
Approx 6x6"  I first die cut lots of different size circles from a marbled background, gold mirror card coloured with green alcohol inks, white card and forest green pearl card.  I found this fab paper pad in my stash that fitted the colours perfectly, i covered my cardfront with a green spotty paper and then die cut the edge with a curved edge die, the off cut/waste i glued to the inside back card so that when the card is closed they join up (see photo below) I then cut another piece of paper with the same curved edge top and bottom to fit across the middle of the card on foam tape.
 I cut lots of circles from white card, forest green pearl card,  green/purple marbled card, and gold mirror card inked with green alcohol inks - so its all very green just broken up with a splash of purple.  I die cut the sentiment from the forest green card and mounted on a white frame. Butterfly die cut from a piece of paper from the same pad. Touches of glitter glue to finish. 

Showing it closed and how my curve lines up

and showing it side on how it stands up easily with the curved front.  I made my marbled card using the shaving foam technique - very messy but great fun. See here if you would like more details.

Items Used:
Circle dies
MFT birthday circle die
MFT curved scalloped edge die
Sizzix butterfly die
Bobunny 'enchanted garden' paper pad
Tim Holtz alcohol inks - greens


'My' hedgehogs this year 
These 3 guys always arrive together so i think they must be siblings

These 3 also always arrive together, baby, medium & large

I also have at least 2 others another baby and a very big one thats been coming for years. Although in my garden revamp ive just put another couple of hedgehog houses in these guys don't all live in my garden....they just found the go-cat and seem to far prefer it to slugs and snails and to the hedgehog foods ive tried over the years😁   The other day on my walk i found a very young hedgehog in a bad way in that awful heat at midday, managed to wrap my cardigan around and bring it home...several phone calls later found a place for it to go to for more expert care than i can give. I always make sure pots of water around my garden for all the wildlife to drink from, especially in that awful hot weather.... anyway hopefully the little mite makes it 

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you have a good rest of the week and weekend.  Stay safe. Emmax


Id love to enter the following:


***

***

***


 

16 comments:

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the hedgehogs, it must be lovely having the same ones keep coming back. I havent seen one for years xx

meg said...

A fabulous card using your "bits and pieces", love your pics and hope the young hedgehog does well

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantasstic love the colours Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

Great way to use up those left overs Emma :-)
Oooooh hodgehegs! We used to have loads and then the foxes moved in.... :-(

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous card. Fabulous way to use scraps. The last Hedgehog we had in the garden fell in the pond. We took him to pet samaritans and the let him out somewhere safer. The pond plants are stacked as a kind of ladder out now, just in case. Love Dawn x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and waht a great idea to use up all those scraps-love your little families of hedgehogs -we have a large one that visits and drives the dogs crazy-one of our neighbours are just fostering one at the moment too
carol x

StephW said...

You've matched up the colours so well, love the vibrant marbling, fab design & layout ... so lovely to see your hedgehog visitors tucking in, fingers crossed for the little rescued one ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous card Emma
love the photo's of the hedgehogs
Kate x

Nozomi said...

Love the colours on this card, Emma, and those hedgehogs! OMG! It looks like they let you go quite close to get the photo. They are too cute!

Nataliascraft said...

Such a beautiful card Emma and fab design, love the circles. Wonderful photos of hedgehogs, so adorable xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Jean S said...

Great card Emma, makes me think I should use all those bits I keep in the drawers!! ..lucky wee hedgehogs that they come to you and get well fed��xx

Diane said...

A fabulous card, colors and what fun circles. Love the pictures of the hedgehogs, my gosh they are cute.

Hugs Diane

Kirsty said...

Brilliant card Emma, great way to use up those scraps bits and the hedgehogs are gorgeous, so jealous, I think I have too many steps to get into my garden for hedgehogs. Big hugs Kirsty. xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how you used your scraps to create this and your design look so pretty with the circles framing the butterfly 😀. Wow, how amazing to get hedgehogs in your garden and they are so well look too, you're a star! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Di said...

Super card Emma - great use of snippets. Your hedgie photos are great - I do hope the little one made it OK in the end.

Hugs

Di xx