Followers

Thursday 17 September 2020

Moo Cows

Good Morning all.

Today im sharing the 2nd card i made for my brothers birthday - with those quirky cows and sorry its a DL card again too.


Gatefold DL (approx 4x8") I covered the front with a pale yellow paper and lined the inside with a grassy looking paper.  I inked all the edges with pistachio oxide ink. I mixed some gold mica with clear gel medium and put through a cow print stencil on the front and flowers on the inside, once dry i stamped foliage to help build up a meadow feel...my mica/gel medium mix acts as a resist.

I stamped the cows, simply watercoloured with oxide inks and cut them out and arranged them on my card, i stamped and cut out to words too.  I then doodled in some ground with a fineliner pen to give them a little ground to stand on.



Showing it beginning to open up peeking into the inside.  My mica stencilling shimmers when the light hits it and of course i just had to add glossy accents for their eyes

and the inside, my 3 little cows are frolicking in the meadow among the buttercups.  

Items Used:
Paperartsy Zinskiart cow stamps (AZ42)
Lavinia foliage stamps
Stencils -cow/leopard print, flowers
Oxide inks
Gold mica powder

Thank you all for stopping by again.  I hope you are enjoying this little bit of sunshine we are having if here in the UK.  Stay safe everyone.  Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the following:

***






 

16 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh these wee cows are brilliant, what a quirky design. Love it, Hazel xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful card design love it Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

love he fun quirky cards you create Emma, always full of colour and made to make everyone happy

Diane said...

So cute love the quirky cows and designs.

Hugs Diane

Dawn Phillips said...

These cows do make me smile. Fabulous card. Love Dawn x

Denise Fletcher said...

Love these animals Emma, always make me smile x

Alison59 said...

Love all your quirky animal images Emma. This made me smile :-)

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, gave me a smile this morning xx

Karen Brown said...

What a wonderful card! Your masculine card is beautifully created and at the same time comes across as fun...that is a hard combination to achieve. Well done.Thank you for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Kate Jeffery said...

another fabulous quirky card Emma
Kate x

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, love your scenes with the animals, your brother will love it. Big hugs Kirsty. x

StephW said...

You really can't help but smile seeing these wonderful cows in their meadow setting ... fabulous! ... Steph x

Imke said...

Haha - what a fun card and great scene. I bet your brother loved it.

Thanks for joining our "Flora and Fauna" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon and i hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and love the fabulous quirky cows
Carol x

Created by Kath said...

The quirky cows make a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love, love, love these cows!!! And your sentiment is fantastic! Hugs, Lesley