Followers

Thursday 29 July 2021

Poppies

Good Morning all.

Today is a little card using die cut acetate poppies.  After all my acetate cards i have lots of little offcuts so decided to try using them.  Here i used alcohol ink to colour the acetate before die cutting.


I first die cut white card into an hexagon shaped base card and and smaller mat.  To the smaller panel i very lightly stencilled a foliage background with oxide inks patina & pistachio.   I inked the acetate pieces with alcohol inks, i then die cut just the poppy heads, as this is heavyweight acetate i used for base cards the die doesn't cut all the way through, but enough to easily finish cutting with scissors.  I die cut the poppy again from a scrap of white card and coloured the stems with alcohol pens. 
I decided where i wanted the poppy and then stamped the cat, sentiment & dragonfly with a ombre ink pad.  I then glued on the poppy stem and added the acetate poppy heads on top with a little tacky pva 

The oxide ink just lightly shows through the stamped cat which i like on this occasion.  I made this in all that heat last week when i kept spraying water around the room to try and help keep the heat a bit more bearable. I only noticed later some had landed on my cat and given a speckled effect to it which makes me smile as my old cat likes to sit in front of my water spray to cool off too😁

Just a close up on the poppies. The colour on the poppies mostly hides the glue so its not as obvious as it would be on plain acetate.  I didn't glue them on flat so that it has dimension.  

Items Used:
Lavinia stamps - mooch, fairy bugs
Lavinia stamps stencil - 'foliage'
Sentiment stamp
Pennyblack poppy die
Hexagon stitched dies
Distress oxides - cracked pistachio, patina
Kaleidacolor Ombre ink pad 'Caribbean sea'
Tim Holtz Alcohol inks - red pepper, watermelon, yellow
CraftyUK ltd white linen cardstock
Hunkydory acetate


Thank you all for stopping by and all your comments, i really do appreciate you all taking the time out of your day.  Enjoy the rest of your week.  Hugs Emmaxxx


Id love to enter the following:

***

***







 

12 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful make Emma,the poppy heads are so vibrant and a lovely shade of red,have never inked acetate,thank you so much for the inspiration

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful poppies,love the card shape and little stamped cat
Carol x

gwen70 said...

Stunning card Emma, love poppies xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card Emma, I love the design. xx

StephW said...

Those acetate poppies are just gorgeous & love the way the cat is looking upwards too, beautiful little make ... Steph x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Thoroughly breathtaking poppies. What a smart way to add colour to acetate. Thank you for sharing this super cool technique with us.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Sarn said...

Very pretty card x

Di said...

Wow Emma - a stunning card and I do so love the dimension! it's wonderful to have you back in the Playground with us!

Hugs

Di xx

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card Emma, love the shimmer you get from using the acetate on the flowers. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card Emma, fabulous poppies!

Friday Feeling x