Followers

Thursday 16 December 2021

Card box set

Good Morning everyone

I made up 2 box sets as Christmas presents for non cardmaking friends.  I used the Katzelkraft farm animals stamps, brushos & pixie powders for the backgrounds and tim holtz snarky chat stickers

I used A3 cream card to make my box and then decorated the sides and tops to make it sturdier.  On the top i stamped all the animals from the set using an ombre ink pad and stamped quote.

5x7" white cards.   I first die cut stitched rectangles from white cardstock, then stamped the animals in black.  I then did brusho backgrounds, by first stamping the character in place it gave me an idea where i could use different colour brusho's for the sky and ground areas.  Once dry i doodled in the ground for them to stand on and a few little details to make up a scene. I used gel pens, alcohol markers & paint pens to add colour to the doodled scene.   I mounted the topper onto black cardstock and added to the base card.  I used small strips of card coloured with the same brusho's to add interest 

I stamped the animals again onto white card and added a little shading with distress inks, i wanted to keep them mostly white so they stood out against the really colourful backgrounds - plus as you know i dislike colouring in greatly😀.  I cut them out, gave a little shape an added with glue gel on top of the original one stamped on the background.

I picked a chit chat sticker for each one to finish.  I did 2 for each animal, so one for each box set


Left one reads - 'of course i talk to myself....sometimes i need an expert opinion'
Right one reads - 'I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why i'm right'

Left reads - Today is full of possibilities
Right - Look on the bright side


Left reads - It's the little things that make life big
Right reads - Stay curious

Left reads - Lucky is a state of mind 
Right - Listen, before I had my coffee, I didn't know how awesome I was going to be today, either

Left reads - I admit that my weirdness is above the national average, but I'm comfortable with that
Right reads - I am Fabulous

Left reads - Relax, we're all crazy... it's not a competition
Right - Im just waiting to see if my coffee chooses to use its powers for good or evil today

Left reads - Be fearless
Right - Not only does my mind wander... sometimes it walks off completely

Items Used:
Katzelkraft farm animal stamps
Double stitched rectangle dies
Brusho powders
Cosmic shimmer pixie powders
Distress inks
Tim Holtz snarky chat stickers
Paint pens
Fine liner pens
Black cardstock
CraftUK ltd white card

Thank you for popping by, i really do appreciate it and all your amazing comments.  I hope you have a good end to the week and weekend.  Stay safe.  Hugs Emmaxxx


Id love to enter the following:

 

15 comments:

gwen70 said...

Wow Emma you have been busy,brilliant idea and very lucky friends to receive such a wonderful present xx

meg said...

Love these fun farm animals,two beautiful gift sets of cards,love the backgrounds and your layout

StephW said...

Wow you have been busy! Love each and every character and those sentiments ... sure to bring a smile to anyone who reads them! Fab gift ideas ... Steph x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning selection of boxes Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Babs said...

Hi Emma just love these quirky animals love the backgrounds so colourful just so awesome love love love them .

Hugs Babs x

Kuni said...

This is wonderful and fun images.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Jean S said...

They are fabulous e Emma, I’m sure they’ll be over the moon with this gift xxx

Megan J said...

Hi Emma, a fun set of cards to give as gifts, love the layout and layering you have used. Have a wonderful week.. Megan

Denise Fletcher said...

Wow Emma, you are a clever girl! Love all these funky cards! what a great idea to give them as gifts! Where did you get the boxes from? Did you make them?

Doris Klein said...

Wow.. what amazing works!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such a thoughtful awesome idea! Love your upbeat, vibrantly hued cards. There's no way these cuties aren't going to brighten many peoples' days.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

crafty-stamper said...

Great gift idea love all the backgrounds and fabulous animal stamps
Carol x

Kirsty said...

These are absolutely amazing and what lovely gifts for your friends, just perfect. Love all your cards designs, just brilliant. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card set. Lovely gift for someone special. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this month. Hope to see your pretty art work back here again soon. Judy DT