Followers

Thursday 9 December 2021

Winter wonderland

Good Morning everyone

Another small batch of Christmas cards using lavinia stamps on soft gold pearl cardstock....I am slowly making a dent in my coloured cardstock😀


approx size 5x7" I first die cut my base card from soft gold pearl cardstock using crealies arch dies, and cut a smaller panel.  From the smaller panel i die cut a bauble shape from the middle. To the outside frame panel i stencilled snow with tumbled glass oxide ink and stamped fir trees with green archival ink and i added this frame to the base card with 3d foam.  

On the bauble i first stamped the wolf, then using paper masks i stamped the first trees to build up a little scene aroun him.  I added shading to ground the wolf and trees with black soot distress ink and a grey inktense pencil. I glued the bauble flat into the frame after inked the edges with the blue oxide ink.

I stamped the berries onto more pearl card, coloured red and added glossy accents and cut out, these i arranged at the top of the bauble to sort of give the effect the bauble is hanging from them.

I stamped the quote of more gold pearl card, cut out and added.  Glitter glue highlights to finish
A close up, you can make out the glitter here.  I love how the pearlescent still shines through when the light hits it.   

Version 2 is the 2nd fox in the stamp set

Version 3 is using 2 hares

Items Used:
Lavinia stamps - 'fox set 2' 'wild hares' 'fir tree' 'winter berries' 'seasons change'
Spellbinders bauble die set
Crealies arch dies
Dot stencil
Soft old gold pearl card
Oxide inks tumbled glass
Distress ink - black soot
Archival ink - library green, jet black
Glossy accents
Stickles glitter glue - diamond

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you have a good end of the week and weekend.  Stay safe.  Hugs Emmaxx


Id love to enter the first card into the following:




***

***

***

***











 





 

14 comments:

meg said...

Three stunning cards Emma,the soft effect stamping on the pearlised card gives a beautiful misty morning/evening feel,beautifully designed as always

gwen70 said...

All beautiful cards Emma, I love Lavinia stamps xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Lia said...

These cards are real beauties! I like everything baout them.
Lia DT PoE

StephW said...

Absolutely gorgeous set, love all the different scenes you have created ... Steph x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Emma can't say anything except wow gorgeous cards. Love Alison xx

Darlene said...

Beautiful cards Emma! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

pinkclover.cards said...

Fabulous cards Emma - beautiful scenes.
Fatima x

Kirsty said...

Love these so much Emma, the creamy card gives them a Victorian feel. Another fabulous design which has inspired me, as you always do. They are all just gorgeous. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Babs said...

Hi Emma what beautiful cards these are I love your fox too
Please could you email me Emma when you get 5 mins
Happy Christmas and very best wishes for the new year.
Hugs Babs x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Tremendously beautiful greetings. There is such a "light from within" warmth to these enchanting wintertime cards.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Pat K said...

WOW these are gorgeous Emma. Wonderful colours and beautiful stamping on each one. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Dotty Jo said...

Sorry, I'm a little late commenting! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, your cards are all beautiful, Jo x

Leanne said...

Nice card and I like the scene inside the ornament nicely done. Thanks for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations! Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT/CCC Member

Christmas Craft Creations