Followers

Wednesday 11 May 2022

Its raining cats and dogs

Good Morning everyone

When i saw that the challenge this month at countryviewchallenges was cats and dogs I just had to join in, although i only have cats now, I love dogs just as much and make the most of my time with my families dogs....i do miss having one but as i can't walk much wouldn't be fair on a dog.  Although having said that 2 of my cats do join me on my short daily stroll, they walk with me until the path comes out on the road and then they wait for me to come back round and we all walk home together.

Anyway onto my card, i have lots of cat and dogs stamps and was working through ideas in my head, i had also been discussing the lack of rain with the family as its a worry for the farm crops etc (hurray we have rain this morning)...after that i just had that odd saying in my head 'its raining cats and dogs' Is that a worldwide saying or just here in the UK? 

I made a cardbase from acetate and cut to 7.5x5.5", i then stamped the crazy mini cats & dogs stamps over the front of the acetate with black stazon ink stamping some upside down and side on to look like they are falling through the air.  I die cut 2 sizes of rectangle frames, the larger one i added with foam tape.  The smaller one i glued onto my sentiment which had been computer printed onto vellum.  I then added the glue to the back of just the frame and adhered to the middle of the card - adding the glue to just the back of the frame meant no glue showing through the vellum.

I stamped the fab katzelkraft cat onto white card and watercoloured with distress inks, i went with a orange tone to contrast and stand out against the background. I then cut him out and adhered to the front with glue gel.

  I added a white paper insert and a fab patterned paper that has a rainbow of colours running diagonally that to me had the feel of rain and rainbows so i cut that to fit the insert leaving a white edge around the outside....normally when i make my acetate cards i just used a full colour insert but it felt a bit lost this time so adding the white helped lift it and tie in with the white frames.

To balance my cat  and add a little bling, I added 3 teardrop gems which also look like rain drops, they were clear ones which i coloured orange with an alcohol marker.



Just a close up, i decided on the vellum for the sentiment so that the cats and dogs still showed up and of course i had to add glossy accents to Mr Toms eyes & nose

Items Used:
Katzelkraft cat stamp 'mini 74'
Tim Holtz stamps 'mini crazy cats & dogs'
Stitched rectangle frames
Distress inks ' lemonade, honey, vintage photo, pistachio, lilac'
Hunkydory acetate
12x12 Patterned paper 'ombre effects' B&M
Printable vellum

Thank you all for stopping by once again. The roof is progressing, finally started getting the new tiles on.   Hugs Emmaxxx


Id love to enter the following


***

***
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2022/05/week-675-favourite-stamps-andor-dies.html - this katzelkraft cat stamp is one of my favourites that i go back to year after year as its ideal for male or female cards and young or old so very versatile

***

***

***











 

17 comments:

meg said...

An absolutely brilliant card as always,your rainbow and shower of cats and dogs made me smile

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card and sentiment
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

Such fun and so colourful Emma, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Dena J said...

What a very fun card! Thank you for sharing the process. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card and love the quirky cat,we have both cats and a dog and yes one of ours if he is out runs to meet us -they are funny
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

How nice that your cats join you on a stroll and then wait for you to return! That is just wonderful!
And your card is so cute with this fun cat stamp and fabulous background too! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love this fun card and your quirky cat stamp too. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Kirsty said...

Brilliant card Emma, love your cats and dogs background. Ended up on the Uniko site after seeing your butterfly cards and had to purchase a couple of bits!! Big hugs Kirsty. x

StephW said...

Such a fun make with this cool cat! Do love your acetate makes ... Steph x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fabulous card! Love the trio of raindrop-shaped gems. Great touch!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Kate Jeffery said...

a fabulous card Emma
Kate x

N-Eva said...

Fantastic card! Truly beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

rachel said...

Awesome - I love this!So many different stamped elements - purrrfect! Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Countryview Crafts and good luck! Hugs Rachel x

Donna said...

Such a creative and beautiful card!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Monika Gulyas said...

What a cool design and great text too!!! Thank you for joining the May challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous card! The stamped background that you created is perfect and the cat in his bowler hat looks amazing - love it 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs Jo x