Followers

Wednesday 21 September 2022

A Waddle of Penguins

Good Morning everyone

Back to Christmas cards today and this batch is using up scraps of inky backgrounds and the fab aall&create penguin stamps.

Ive already put these away but  I think the size was 5x8".  I took a piece of card smaller than the cardbase and stencilled a light pattern with distress inks shaded lilac, cracked pistachio & evergreen bough and added some splashes of the same inks.  Then i used a very old texture paste which has a gold shimmer when the light hits it and put through a snowflake stencil and put to one side to dry.

I stamped and cut out the penguins.  I matted my background onto black card and then the base & stamped my sentiment onto a strip of card, matted onto black and added across the bottom of the card with foam tape.  I then arranged my penguins and adhered with pinflair glue gel.


You can see the soft stencilling in the background here

The texture paste has  a lovely gold shimmer when the light hits it

Version 2

Version 3

and version 4 - in all i made 20 variations 



Showing them all stamped up onto left over offcuts of backgrounds made using various inks, brushos, oxide inks, pixie powders

and them all cut out - for me i find cutting out more relaxing than colouring in. Usually when cutting out, I cut upto the line but in this case i found they stood out more against the background by leaving a small border of the colour around them.

Items Used:
aall&create stamps 'penguin #604' & 'frosty #603'
Stampin up sentiment 'curly cute'
Funky fossil stencil - snowflakes
Woodware mini stencil - swirl
Creative expressions texture paste
Distress Inks shaded lilac, cracked pistachio, evergreen bough
CraftUK ltd smooth white cardstock

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a good week. Hugs Emmaxx

Id love to enter the following:


***

***

***

***












 

12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic selection today Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

jimlynn said...

I just love penguins - and these are the coolest ever!!! Love the background too. Outstanding card!
Lynn

Sarn said...

These penguin Christmas cards look wonderful. I love the variety of colours. Thanks for sharing a picture of your snippets. Wow you have a lot of patience to cut all those penguins out - but if you find it relaxing, that's GREAT!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground.xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Great stencilled background and love all the fabulouscoloured penguins
Carol x

meg said...

Your background reminds me of the aurora borealis and I love these gorgeous penguins

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Oh these colourful penguins are just fabulous, perfect for festive cards and I love the b/ground with the textured snowflakes, I applaud your batch making skills too! Steph x

Di said...

Wonderful batch of colourful penguin cards Emma! Like you - I enjoy fussy cutting more than colouring as well! Lovely to see you playing along with us.

Hugs

Di xx

MagsB said...

What a great collection of cards, Emma, the penguins are gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge..

love Mags B x

Aquarius said...

Great cards and what a huge heap of penguins you prepared - dedicated fussy cutting I'd say. A brilliant idea all round

Linby said...

Well done on being a pick in the playground. Love that you fussy cut so many penguins, the cards look wonderful. Wondering now what stamp I can use for this technique.

Kirsty said...

Brilliant batch of Christmas cards Emma and look at all that cutting out, must take you hours!! I struggle with cutting out, end up with chunks missing usually, you must have the patients of a Saint. Big hugs Kirsty. x