Followers

Monday 21 November 2022

Have a Merry Christmas

Good Morning everyone

Today is another batch of patchwork style cards.  These paper off cuts were hiding in the bottom of my Christmas box from many years ago so it was definitely time to use them up!  They were only narrow strips so i die cut them into small 1.5" hexagons to start with.


6x6" Kraft card base. After die cutting all the hexagons i inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink and got arranging them onto a die cut a stitched square of kraft card smaller than my base and cut off any over hang of the edges.   I mounted the panel onto the base with foam tape for a bit of dimension - using 1mm foam they will still go as a small postage stamp here in the UK.

I die cut my sentiment from ivory cardstock as it matched the tone in the paper better than white and mounted it onto a die cut kraft card shape and added to the base.  I added a few glitter highlights to finish. 

Version 2, the same but different

I managed to make 8 cards so not bad from scraps😃   Im not sure what brand the paper pad was as last its cover eons ago

Items Used:
Christmas papers
Stitched hexagon dies
Stitched square die
Sizzix framelits die 658204
Tonic sentiment die
Kraft card
Vintage photo distress ink
Diamond stickles glitter glue

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope its a good week for you.  Its definitely turned cooler and much more seasonable. Emmax


Id love to enter the following:


 

10 comments:

meg said...

Wonderful use of your scrap papers Emma,the reds and greens look really pretty against the kraft base.You could also enter https://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2022/11/q-is-for-quilt.html

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous idea looks awesome beautiful cards Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

Sarn said...

A lovely way to use up strips of Christmas paper snippets.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Plenty of hot chocolate available up in the Treehouse, once you've finished playing in the Wendy House! xxx

jimlynn said...

What a great idea! I love all the little "patches" - reminds me of a quilt.
Lynn

Di said...

What great cards Emma - I do so love your designs, using so many lovely snippets. Another idea for my bulging notebook of ideas!

Super to see you in the Playground too.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Great idea for card, using all the scraps of paper which would normally go into the bin, fab, thanks for sharing

Wendy L said...

Well done using some scrap you have made wonderful cards and thanks for joining us at the Crafty friends challenge

StephW said...

Great way to use up paper scraps ... love the patchwork style ... Steph x

Kirsty said...

Brilliant use of your scraps Emma, really must start doing this as have got packets of leftover bits to get rid of. Big hugs Kirsty. x