Followers

Monday 27 February 2023

Say cheese

Good Morning everyone

Today is the 2nd card I made for Kitty-Bea's birthday for me to give to her.  I used the fab mouse Katzelkraft stamp i got for Christmas to make a cheese shaped card and afterwards decided to make a matching box for a few sweets for her.




Card size approx 6x4" .   I folded yellow card in half and then cut to size, first a rectangle and then i just used my guillotine to cut the top edge at an angle.   I took a brighter yellow card and cut to the same size as the base and then die cut lots of small circles into it, with a bigger one to the right to add my sentiment too.  I then mounted this panel onto the base with foam tape after inking the edges.

I stamped 3 mice and watercoloured with distress inks 'blueprint sketch' 'peacock feathers', cracked pistachio & picked raspberry.   I then cut them out.  Gently adding some shape to the body i attached one whole mouse to the card front.  The 2nd one i cut up and slotted into the 'holes' on the cheese.  Glossy accents to the mouse nose, eyes & camera. Computer printed sentiments to finish using a very apt font called 'grilled cheese'.
and the box - i found a cake slice box template on my craft artist which i printed out, cut out and then drew around it onto the yellow cardstocks to build up the box the same way as the card.  I put the closing flap on the bottom edge and sealed with red liner tape.

and i made a 2nd card for a friend who loves Katzelkraft stamps as mush as I do, this time i also cut the right hand edge of the card at an angle to give an even more cheese wedge shape and some bling to embellish.  

Items Used:
Katzelkraft stamps 'solo 179' 'La souris photographe'
Circle dies
Speech bubble die
Distress inks peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, cracked pistachio,  picked raspberry
Yellow cardstock




Id love to enter Kitty's card in the following:




***

***

***

***












 

13 comments:

meg said...

Your cards made me smile,your decorated wedge of cheese is absolutely brilliant

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and matching box-love the cheese shaped card and quirky mouse -brilliant and very unique
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

what a brilliant set love them Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jinny said...

Such a fun card and matching box! So unique and fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

jimlynn said...

Oh my gosh Emma! This is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Everything about it is so precious and I know she's going to love (and cherish) this forever! I love the look on that mouse's face too - priceless!
Lynn

Mervi said...

Cute and fabulous boxes!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

brenda said...

What a super set you created Emma, love the bright colours and such fun as well, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and for using the 'Matching Pairs' option.

B x

Dena J said...

This is one of the cutest things I've seen!! Love that fun mouse and his cheese :-) Such a colorful project. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Allsorts and rocking the 'Matching Pair' option.

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

These are so bright & cheery, just fabulous ... Steph x

sweetpea said...

What a fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Janet DT

Kirsty said...

Absolutely love these Emma, love the cheese effect you have made, just brilliant and really fun. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, that's so cute! Such a fun image and shapes. Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT