Followers

Friday 26 April 2024

Creative Creases


 Good Morning everyone

Today im honoured to be a guest designer over at creative-creases-challenge



I decided to try a new fold for me a 'double vertical stepper card' which was perfect for using this beautiful peach and grey paper pad from Kanban which ive had for years.  I love with this fold that i get to use lots of the different papers together.  




I made my base card out of cream cardstock - the finished folded up size is 5x5" and it squashes closed to fit into an envelope. The side folds are  1" 1" 2" & 2" and the back panel 5"   but can easily be adjusted to any size.  The band across the middle helps it to keep its shape and easily stand up.

I got cutting up the papers for the panels, covering both the sides of the side panels as they can all be seen when its on display. 

I had some matching vellum so die cut that into a flower, the vellum has gold foil highlights as do some of the papers which is why i went with gold satin card for my die cut leaves - this also helped break up the colour a bit.  I die cut a circle for my flower to sit on and added this to the belly band of the card.  A nice peach pearl in the centre of the flower to finish. 

I stamped some butterflies onto one of the peach papers, cut them out and adhered to look like they are flying around the panels.  I added a touch of diamond stickles to their bodies and wings for a bit of sparkle. 




and the back of the card, i used more of the papers, die cut a circle from more cream cardstock as a place to write the greeting and added a stamped happy birthday in grey ink. I also added another of the smaller butterflies.


Items Used:
Uniko Ltd stamps (butterflies) 'English country garden'
Woodware sentiment stamp 'A birthday moment' JGS718
Kanban paper pad & vellum 'Apricot dreams' 
Craft UK ltd A3 smooth cream cardstock
Crafters companion gold satin cardstock
Stitched circle dies
Leaf die
Ranger stickles 'diamond'

Thank you all for stopping by and please do hop over to creative creases to join in with your fancy folds. Emma

***

Id love to also enter the following:

*


*





13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Emma, this is so gorgeous. Congrats on being a Guest Designer at CCC. I'm going to give this fold a try and just have to decide what patterned paper to use.
Karen, DT

meg said...

A beautiful fold with gorgeous papers and embellishments

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Big congrats on your GD, well deserved. Beautiful folding and great use of the beautiful papers. Love the Uniko butterflies peeking out from the folds!

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Emma, this fun fold card is gorgeous! I love everything about it and will need to coordinate with Karen when I can make one so we don't do it at the same time. The papers you used are so pretty. Thank you so much for being our guest designer and we can't wait to see you in our gallery again. Have a great weekend!

Carrie said...

Emma, this card is a showstopper! Such an amazing fun fold, and you've decorated it beautifully! Thanks so much for being a Guest Designer and sharing this lovely fun fold at Creative Creases Challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Congratulations on your guest DT and what a stunning creation you have made the papers are beautiful so is the card fold an amazing card
hugs
lolo x

Rae in Reno said...

Emma, this card is a masterpiece. I love everything about it. The colors, the butterflies (aka flutterbies), and of course, the fold. Beautiful.

Thank you for being a guest designer for Creative Creases #81.

Rae in Reno
Creative Creases DT

brenda said...

Very intricate folding Emma and so pretty in all the earthy shades.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Emma, this is totally fantastic, love your work! Hugs, Valerie

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolute stunning Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous card Emma
Kate x

Linby said...

Congrats on being a GDT - this is certainly an inspiring make, so many lovely details and an intricate fold too.

StephW said...

Congrats on your GD spot Emma. A fabulous fun fold and I love those Uniko butterflies, I must revisit that stamp set x