Followers

Sunday 7 April 2024

National look alike day

Good Morning everyone

Today im honoured to be a guest designer for Day of the month card club
and the theme is 'National look alike day'



So we are looking for 2 of anything i.e 2 flowers, 2 birds, 2 frames.  Now this one really got me thinking and i just kept coming back to the idea of twins so i dug out my old Carabelle Stamps SA60158 'Zinouk du jardin'    a fab old door stamp by Katzelkraft and some cherry blossom to give the feel of stepping out of the grey of winter and into the cheerful blossoming of spring. 



Approx card size 5x7"   I first stamped Zinouk twice onto white card and watercoloured with my inktense pencils and then cut her out. I gave them matching outfits so that they definitely look alike

I die cut white card into an arch card base, then used 2 smaller arch dies to cut a frame from white, from the middle piece of the frame i stamped the old doorway in soft grey ink and gave it a very light watercolour wash.  I stamped some twigs around the edge and some text in the background - all in grey. I then lightly inked the edges with a light brushing of black soot distress ink - I also did that to the edges of my base card. 

I added the white arch frame with 3d foam and then adhered the topper scene in flat.  I then added the 2 Zinouk's with glue gel so that they are 'stood' on the frame.  I stamped & coloured some cherry blossom, cut out and attached with glue gel and a stamped sentiment to finish.



Just a close up - i added a little touch of glitter to their earrings for a subtle bit of bling. The sentiment stamp is an old magazine freebie

Items Used:
Carabelle Stamps SA60158 'Zinouk du jardin'
Katzelkraft stamps 'les portes'
Katkin krafts stamps (background text) (cherry blossom) 'love nest'
aall&create stamps #851 'rise & shine'  
Sentiment stamp - old magazine freebie
Derwent inktense pencils
Distress inks - black soot, vintage photo, cracked pistachio, shaded lilac
Ranger stickles 'diamond'

Thank you all for stopping by, please do hop over to day of the month card club to join in and see everyone comes up with for National look a like day .  I hope you all have a fabulous week whatever you get upto, I shall be doing lots of crafting with my nieces as its the Easter holidays. Emmax












 

10 comments:

brenda said...

Never heard of that National day but you've made a super card for it Emma, something about an arch shape that is so appealing.

B x

meg said...

Th a Arch shape perfectly showcases,your door and beautiful twins

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful crd and lovely spring theme Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

papierelle said...

I like the delicate design of the background and the symbolism of your card. Gundi

Izzy Scrap said...

So glad to have you guest designing for our new challenge. Your card is so lovely. Love all the beautiful design you've made for these twins. Gorgeous !Thanks for sharing with all of us. x

StephW said...

The twins are sweet against your subtle b/ground, gorgeous shaped card x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love your creativity! A so beautiful and interesting scene in the pretty arch shape!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card - love your little twins! Thanks for the inspiration at DotMCC!!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Spring card Emma, love the arch shape and the two look alike images.
Carol x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Kate x