Followers

Sunday 9 June 2024

Happy Fathers Day

Good Morning everyone

Today im sharing the little card Ive made for my dad for Fathers day.  I bought this duck stamp way back in the January sales so its about time i inked it up...maybe these 3 ducks represent my 2 brothers and I - when my youngest brother was 4 he wanted to grow up to be a duck😂

6x4.5" Cream card base. I stamped the ducks twice onto white card and watercoloured with distress inks and cut out, from the 2nd one i cut out the 2 front ducks and decoupaged them onto the base image with glue gel.

 I die cut pale teal rain drop paper with memory box 'splashing puddles' die, i knew i wanted it larger than the die so i cut 2 and glued them together where i knew it would be hidden behind the ducks.  I adhered to gold holographic mirror card and added to the base.  I then added the ducks in place.  Stamped a sentiment, cut up and adhered to the left edge to finish.

The background, where the point of my pointy tool is, is where the join of the 2 panels is, my ducks hide it and it meant i could have a bigger background.  The gold rainbow holographic really dances in the light and through the die cut raindrops.

Items Used:
Woodware duck stamp JGS810 'Morris, James & Bill the ducks'
Woodware sentiment stamp
Memory box die 'splashing puddles'
Rain drop paper from the works
Gold holographic mirror card
Distress inks - wild honey, lemonade, evergreen bough, peacock feathers, dusty concorde

Thank you all for popping by.  I hope you all have a good week. Emma

Id love to enter the following:


 

11 comments:

meg said...

Love it Emma,gorgeous layout,paper,diecut and beautifully coloured stamped images

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two amazing cards both are fabulous
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

What fun, love the Ducks and the splashes if water.

B x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card Emma love the ducks and the gold puddles.
Carol x

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So creative, fun and beautiful card!! Love how you paperpieced the two ducks and such brilliant idea doubling the puddles and using that holographic mirror card!It looks fabulous and I'm also sure that it looks even better IRL!! The paper with the raindrops is perfect too!

Ellibelle said...

This is so fun and love the ducks! Thank you so much for sharing at I spy with my little eye!

Sheryl said...

This is a fantastic card.
A great masculine card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Linby said...

What a great card and so lovely that the ducks have a meaning for your Father. Absolutely inspired to put them with that splashing puddles die.

StephW said...

Such a lovely happy duck trio and fabulous splashy background, perfect for father's day x