Good Morning everyone
Today im sharing a batch of cards that started out using very slim offcuts of Christmas/winter themed papers left over from previous years from making envelopes. I had no idea where these would end up but first off i used the strips to make a 'new' paper by adhering them all to a piece of paper.
I raided my stash for old silver mirror & glitter card which was about time it was used, the silver going nicely with the blue tone papers.
DL card white card base (approx 4x8")
I cut my stripe paper to size and put through a 3D embossing folder, this helped embed the stripes together as well as add a lovely tactile feel. I then dry brushed over the top with vintage white chalk paint and a light touch over the top with white pearl cadence dora paint which gives a beautiful shimmer. I matted this onto silver satin card and then the card front.
I cut the middle out the silver mat layer which i then used for my die cut elements - thus making it go further and no one would know as the hole is hidden behind the beautiful embossed panel.
I die cut the circular sentiment from navy blue card, then cut a circular frame from white card using 2 circle dies, then a larger frame from the same silver card used for the mat layer. You end up with a 'doughnut' so can see through the middle to the paper and embossing.
I then die cut alot of stars from the various silvers, blue and white and adhered a different centre into the frames....very fiddly but worth it, i used a bit of tape behind the star to hold the solid centre into the frame.
I then adhered 3 under the sentiment as if hanging from circle, I used pinflair glue gel here so could get them at different levels etc..
Close up on the stars.
Navy solid star with silver satin frame
Silver solid star with silver glitter frame
Silver glitter solid with navy frame
Sadly the photos just don't show the beauty of the glitter, mirror and beautiful pearl stars😞 In real life they really shimmer and sparkle in the light.
Version 2 using silver mirror card for the mat layers
Version 3 uses silver glitter card for the mat layer
This shows my paper stripes adhered to A4 paper to make my 'new' paper. When i did this i had no idea what i was going to make so on one i adhered the patterns horizontally and the other vertically. The papers are all slightly different widths so i just stuck them on randomly, not over thinking it.
Left photo shows it just embossed and the right one shows it after i dry brushed the white and pearl paint over the stars, it just softens it all and helps bring the different patterns together. Honestly in real life it is very shimmery
Items Used:
MFT Christmas sentiment circle die
Spellbinders Circle dies
Frantic stamper Star on a string die
Lisa Horton Slimline 3d embossing folder 'Starry Night' LHCEF077
Various scraps of patterned papers
Jane Davenport gess-oh 'white'
Cadence Dora paint 'white'
Id love to enter card #1 into the following:
**
**
**
**
**
**
















Fantastic use of your left over paper strips Emma, chalking the embossed area have a beautiful result and cards
ReplyDelete