Followers

Monday 3 July 2017

Splat people! Children's birthday card

Good Morning All and welcome to a new week, i hope you enjoyed some sunshine at the weekend.  

Today i am sharing a fun children's card i made.





5x7" black card base.  I cut lots of splats out of brusho coloured card, ideal for those left over bits!  I then layered several onto the background.  For the topper, I matted a white rectangle onto black card and stuck to the card for foam pads.  I used 3 different splats, added googly eyes, black pen legs and doodled on a mouth and eyebrows.  Black die cut sentiment to finish. 





A close up of my little splatpeople




and below a little A6 card using the left over splats. 


My 5yr old niece asked me to be her penpal, their teacher is trying to get them all to have a penpal to practice their reading and writing, a great idea i think, as Sophie also loves crafting i thought i would send a little card with my letter for her.  I will have to make sure my scrawl is neat and tidy for her😊



Items used:
Spellbinders de-lites 'sentiments two & sentiments five'
Splat dies
Double stitched rectangles
Colorcraft Brusho's


You might also like



Thank you for stopping by, i hope my splatpeople made you smile.  Wishing you all a good week. Emma 

20 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

fabulous card and paint splats Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Anonymous said...

these are fantastic Emma they really made me smile, they make brilliant cards for children katex

Jean S said...

They are brilliant Emma, wee ones will love this jxx

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards Emma, they gave ne a giggle, love them

Anonymous said...

These are just Brilliant!...love the splat people...made me smile...Fabulous!!!!.....marilynh.x

ALI said...

Fantastic love the googly eyes.

Sue Nicholson said...

Brilliant xxx

StephW said...

Yes they did make me smile! Keep 'em coming :) ... Steph x

Wendy said...

Fabulous fun card Emma, made me smile.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Betty Bailey said...

I love these Splat people and their cards are just beautiful. I'm sure Sophie will be thrilled with hers and of course your letter.

Pam said...

What fun cards Emma. Love them !
Pam x

Unknown said...

Love these Emma, ideal for all occasions, especially pen Pals!! Lovely idea. Sanxx

pinkclover.cards said...

great cards Emma...brought a smile to my face.
Fatima xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

Oooo loving your splat people card Emma ... I now have my splat dies and am enjoying playing with them ... I ordered 4 sets from ali.x and am just waiting for one set of words to arrive ... Then I may be tempted to get some Christmas ones ... Will have to get a move on tho as they can take a long time to arrive ... Happy crafting and love sandy xx

Herbaholic said...

Hi Emma - Another gorgeous creation, I just got a set of 'splat' dies from China, hadn't thought of giving them faces :) Thanks for the inspiration, hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea? Love & hugs - Debs xxx

Hells said...

They are perfect Emma. I'm still smiling. Helen x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant cards Emma...Made me smile....great fun dies and colours....Joolsx

FridayFeeling said...

Brilliant cards - the splat people are such fun designs - love them!

Anonymous said...

I just love these little splat people! Their bright colours and googly eyes make me smile! Thank you!
Hugs, Kathleen

Kirsty said...

These are so cute Emma, what a fantastic idea creating splat people. Such fun, especially for kids cards. Kirsty x