Followers

Monday 14 May 2018

Floral birthday

Good Morning all, i hope you had a good weekend.  

Can you believe its a fortnight gone again and time for a new challenge at
The theme this time is:


A Hint of Summer to Come



I found a lovely summery floral paper with blue cornflowers in my stash to go with.  I picked out co-ordinating cardstock and dies to go with.




5.5 x 7" white cardblank.  I first stamped my sentiment direct onto the cardfront and then die cut my pattern paper with a MFT edge die, layered it onto blue cardstock cut with the same edge die,  i added this to the cardfront with foam tape. 

I made up a cornflower using my old Tonic cornflower die and added a button centre.  I die cut different foliage from orange and yellow cardstock to pick up on them in the paper.  Ive had the Sue Wilson foliage die years but its such a pain to cut cleanly that i rarely use it but its perfect with this paper. 

I added a thin strip of blue to the top edge and 3 yellow buttons to finish. 




Exactly the same details as the first one but just reversed with the paper at the bottom and white linen card on top.  


Hopefully summer will arrive soon and i have lots of beautiful flowers in the garden!  So if you fancy joining our challenge or just want to see what the rest of the DT came up with and all the amazing entries, please do hop over to 



Items used:

Paper - B&M
MFT scalloped edge die
Tonic cornflower die
Sue Wilson Fern Trio die set CED1401
Tattered Lace - ferns die set
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp



You might also be interested in:



Thank you for stopping by and all your visits and comments last week, i hope you all have a good week. 





I would like to enter:



21 comments:

StephW said...

A really pretty floral card Emma, love the layout too, funnily enough a little similar to my last effort maybe we were on the same wavelength! Hope you are enjoying the lovely weather at the moment ... Steph x

Basslady said...

a magnificent card, teamie!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

Alison59 said...

So pretty and fabulously co-ordinated Emma :-)

pinkclover.cards said...

Fab card Emma - love the layout and colours. Enjoy the sun.
Fatima x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Diane said...

Greetings Emma, wow wonderful background paper and what a beautiful card design.

Hugs Diane

Pam said...

Love your card, those papers are gorgeous, definitely summery!
Pam x

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, so pretty.

Jean S said...

Really super card Emma, love the cornflower, I forgot I had this die���� jxx

ALI said...

Pretty cards Emma x

Betty said...

Two Beautiful cards and I love that backing paper.

meg said...

two beautiful cards in glorious summer colours

Janis Lewis said...

So Cute! Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards...love the colours and the design! Hugs, Kathleen

Dawn Phillips said...

Two stunning cards. You've made a beautiful job. Love Dawn x

Babs said...

Two gorgeous floral cards Emma , love the designs such pretty papers and lovely flower dies.
Hugs Babs x

Wendy said...

Fabulous cards Emma, gorgeous colours & design.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful...love the colours..Marilyn.x

Kirsty Long said...

Two gorgeous cards Emma, love the patterned papers, big hugs Kirsty. x

Kathy P said...

Beautiful cards, love the colours and design x