Followers

Thursday 31 May 2018

Sunshine & Trees

Good Morning all, i hope you are having a good week, being half term its busy for me with visitors.

Today im sharing 2 cards i made using layered leaf dies that i also thought looked like trees once made up.





6x6 cardblank.  I first cut my 'trees' from orange/red brusho cardstock and the top layer from gold mirror card and glued together.  I cut white card slightly smaller than the cut front and die cut the circle burst from it to act as the sun and lightly inked the edges in blue.  I mounted this with 3d foam over a sheet of yellow paper.  From green patterned paper i die cut 2 curved border panels to act as grass/hills.  Stamped greeting. 

Little birds die cut from the same card as my trees base layers. 



A close up showing how i left the edges of the 'trees' free and only glued the centres,  i slightly bent them up to add dimension.




I then made a version for my sister in laws birthday in her colours of blues and greens.  This time i cut them from card coloured with distress oxide inks and the top layer with silver mirror card. 



Close up, the colours are brighter than the photo shows up. 

Items used:
Memory box lrg circle burst
Memory box bird dies
MFT Dienamics Layers Leaf die set
MFT scalloped edge dies
Clearly Besotted sentiment stamps
Dovecraft papers 'back to basics IV'
Oxide inks - cracked pistachio, twisted lime, peacock feathers
distress ink - tumbled glass
Brusho's vermillion, lemon, 
Cosmic shimmer red pixie powder


Thank you for stopping by and all your wonderful comments.  Enjoy the rest of the week. Emma


I would like to join the following challenges:

16 comments:

Alison59 said...

Oh what delightful cards Emma; love the "leaf trees" :-)

meg said...

Wonderful cards Emma, the trees make great use of the leaf dies.

Diane said...

What fun colors and designs Emma.

Hugs diane

ALI said...

Emma these are really thinking out of the box, I love how you used the leave.
May I copy your note at the bottom please not sure my is adequate x

pinkclover.cards said...

Fab cards Emma. Clever use of leaves as trees - works really well.
Fatima x

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous card I love this great design Love and hugs Carole x

Georgiana said...

Your trees look amazing in two different colors. Thank you for joining our “Anything Goes” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

Pam said...

What a great idea Emma, and so effective.
Love your cards.
Pam x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful selection Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jean S said...

An other set of great cards Emma, love your colours xx

Kirsty Long said...

Two beautiful cards Emma, such a good idea using the leaves as trees. Big hugs Kirsty. x

StephW said...

I'm all for using dies in unconventional ways, love the overall design and each colour way ... Steph x

Kathy P said...

Fabulous cards Emma, hugs Kathy x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma Kate x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma … love your leaf cards … very clever … that's called thinking out of the box lol … and I love those little birdies flying off … thank you for visiting my blog … have a great week … happy crafting and love sandy xx

mum of two said...

Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments