Followers

Friday 22 June 2018

G is for Great Outdoors


Good Morning all, time for a new challenge over at alphabetchallengeblog  the theme this fortnight is:

GREAT OUTDOORS

This theme - 'the great outdoors' - keeps making me think of Yogi Bear and Jellystone (Yellowstone) park - so had to think what the great outdoors means here in the UK, to me it means the countryside, wildlife and nature so one of my favourite places to be.

After digging through my stash and thinking, came across this fox stamp and had the idea of looking through a hole in a fence, or through a gap in a shed to see a fox curled up in the corner of a field. 


6x6 white cardblank.  I cut a piece of white card smaller than the cardfront and die cut an aperture - i used a basic leaf shape.  I then stamped the woodgrain stamp and added touches of ink here and there to give it a more aged look.  I cut a piece of white card to fit behind the aperture.

I stamped the fox in red/brown ink and added blue sky and green grass with inks.  I placed this behind the woodpanel on foam tape.  I stamped and fuzzy cut the fox a second time and decoupaged on top of the first one. I then layered onto red/brown cardstock to pick up on the fox colour and adhered to the card front.

I coloured a sheet of white card with distress inks crushed olive & forest moss, i then die cut several ferns using the tattered lace dies and arranged them on the cardfront.  Stamped greeting to finish. 



Close up of the fox.  There is no colouring involved on this one so ideal for those of you who aren't into colouring in images.  A few different colour ink pads and you're ready to go!


Items Used:
Stampin up  - 'the wilderness awaits'
Stampin up - 'wetlands'
Stampin up - Hardwood
Tattered lace fern die set
Spellbinders Oval die

So if you fancy joining in and seeing what everyone else comes up with for the great outdoors, please do hop over to alphabetchallenge

Thank you for stopping by, i hope you all have a good weekend. Emmax

13 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

beautiful card Emma. Love Dawn x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma Kate x

Alison59 said...

What a great idea Emma; and I love the ferns too :-)

Babs said...

This really is a beautiful card Emma I love the country side. I am sat here at the moment with my back door open wide watching two squirrels eating the peanuts we have put out for them and chasing one another around the tree, this is what i love about the country side the Wild life., your fox stamp is beautiful and I love your creation. Have a lovely weekend .
Hugs Babs x

Basslady said...

a fantastic card, teamie!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card!

ALI said...

I love it, it's beautiful!
Emma have you sussed how to get emails again, let me know you haven't x


gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma

StephW said...

Wow your creations are coming thick and fast now ... the layered fox is gorgeous, you've made a perfect outdoor setting for him too. Steph x

Pam said...

A great card Emma, love the peephole idea to see the fox.
Pam x

sandy's crafty bits said...

ah super little foxy card Emma … love the little fox and love the wood frame … hope you are having a great weekend … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Denise Fletcher said...

Another lovely make, Emma xx sending hugs x

Kirsty said...

This is so beautiful Emma, what a brilliant idea to be peeping through a hole at the beautiful wildlife on the other side. Fabulous effect and another idea I will have to pinch!!! Big hugs Kirsty. x