Followers

Monday 9 July 2018

Fantasy - Fairy shaker card

Good Morning all, i hope you had a good weekend and are still enjoying the sunshine.  Well the cats and i are still competing over the fan😀,  

So its time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday  the theme this fortnight is:

FANTASY
fairies, dragons, elves, unicorns, mermaids etc


Ive gone with fairies dancing in a flower garden shaker stepper card.  Fantasy is a good theme, you can go cute and twee or dark and mystic so something for everyone.


I first die cut my stepper card from white linen card and folded along the score lines.  I then die cut the matting panels from backing paper id made with orange and green brushos & pixie powders.  

I then die cut the happy birthday twice, once from white card and then black card and offset them, i added a circle of acetate to the back.  As i only had a thin section to add the foam too i die cut 6 circle frames of card and glued together, i then glued that to the back of the happy birthday to create my shaker pocket, added my micro beads and glitter and added a circle of card orangey coloured with brushos to the back.  I then added this shaker element to the top of my card.

I then die cut my fairies from black card, i added vellum behind the wings which i lightly coloured with blue pen.  I die cut a second fairy and just cut out the body section and decoupaged on top of the base layer to add dimension.

I then die cut the floral swirl corner die from red and purple brusho/pixie powder card and arranged around the fairies so it looks like they are dancing among the flowers.  Yellow gems to finish. 


Just showing the card face on


Close up of the shaker, i put orange behind as a kind of 'sun' 



Items used:
Presscut stepper card die
MFT Birthday circle sentiment die
Spellbinders fairy dies - Ariana S2-102 & Cierra S2-103
Spellbinders de-lites - floral corner 2 die S2-151
Brusho powders
Cosmic shimmer pixie powders
Vellum
Micro beads

So if you fancy joining in or seeing what others come up with for fantasty please do hop over to mmmchallengeblog     

I hope you all have a good week and are keeping cool.  Hugs Emma


I wish to enter the following challenges





20 comments:

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

such a beautiful card love it Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

StephW said...

A truly magical creation ... great idea to add circle frames for the back of the shaker element ... stay cool Steph x

Alison59 said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the fairies :-)

Pam said...

Fantas(y)tic card Emma. I love the wings on the fairies.
Pam x

meg said...

beautiful card the shaker element a perfect touch

Priya said...

Such a beautiful card Emma...
Love n hugs,
Priya

ALI said...

Fab card Emma, great colours. Supposed to cool down this week...we can hope...lol x

Craftyfield said...

Faeries and glitter, what's not to like! Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

Jean S said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love how you done the fairy wings xx


Diane said...

What a beautiful shaker card design Emma. The lettering, faeries and colors are wonderful.

Hugs Diane

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the fairies wings and fab shaker sun. Beautiful work. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Betty said...

I just just love, love, love this Emma.

gwen70 said...

Only just seen this Emma, love it xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Emma What a beautiful card....great background and love the fairies...Joolsx

Herbaholic said...

I love this card so much, love the "sun" sentiment, clever way to use that die :) Love & Hugs - Debs xxx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Fabulous shaker stepper card and love the silhouette fairies. What a colourful great idea.Thanks for joining us a Daisy Chains and good luck! Michelle x

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.

groetjes, Ellen

Monika Gulyas said...

What a lovely card with fairies!!! Thank you for joining the July challenge of the Country View Challenges!

FridayFeeling said...

This is every shade of wonderful - gorgeous colours & design - brilliant work!