Followers

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Blue & Brown - crazy birds

Good Morning all, i hope you are all enjoying the weather.

So its time for a new challenge over at cardz4guyz,   the theme this fortnight is

BLUE & BROWN


Ive made quite a simple card, and paper pieced my stamped crazy bird.  Paper piecing has always been one of my fav techniques as im not really into colouring in.   I used papers from a 6x6 paper pad that isn't necessarily male orientated in design. 



6x6 white cardblank.  I added a thin strip of blue dotty paper to the top and bottom of a panel of woodpanel paper and added to the cardfront.

I then stamped the bird in black so that i had the hair and feet on the wood paper.  I stamped the bird again on blue dotty paper and cut him out minus his feet and hair.  I gently shaped the body and added to the card front with glue gel lining up with the feet.  I stamped a 3rd time on white card cut out the eyes, beak & wing, and added this again onto the bird.  I added a touch of yellow pen to the beak, wing & tail. 

Stamped sentiment die cut into a speech bubble.  Then i added a strip of blue ruler paper for the bird to stand on.  


Close up of the bird, i added white gel pen highlights to his feet and hair and glossy accents to his eyes. 


Items Used:
My Minds Eye paper pad 'remarkable' by Jen allyson
Tim Holtz Crazy bird stamps - original size
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Wild Honey distress marker pen
Glossy accents

So do pop over to cardz4guyz  join in and see what everyone comes up with for blue and brown.

Thank you for all your visits and comments.  Keep cool. Emma

15 comments:

Kate Jeffery said...

a fabulous card Emma
Kate x

meg said...

love the expression on the bird's face great card Emma

Jean S said...

Lovin those birds xx

Kirsty said...

Brilliant card Emma, love the crazy birds, this little chap in particular with his great expression. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Dawn Phillips said...

He's so cute. It's a lovely card Emma. Love Dawn x

Pam said...

Brilliant card for a guy Emma.
Pam x

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card, love it xx

Alison59 said...

Great card Emma :-)

StephW said...

Sometimes simple is the best! Great card, never get tired of seeing these crazy birds ... Steph x

Wendy said...

Brilliant card Emma, love your fabulous Paper pierced bird....Sharing my first brusho card that didn’t end up in the bin..lol ...on my blog today :)
Wendy xx

ALI said...

Great card Emma, love the birdie! x

Sue Nicholson said...

Smashing card and character thanks for sharing

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma … love your little birdie card … that image is sooo cute … have a great weekend … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Herbaholic said...

Love this, you are the queen of paper piecing! I've tried but I can never get all the bits to line up properly, I cut too much or too little lol! Love & Hugs - Debs xxx

FridayFeeling said...

A fab card, love that bird!