Followers

Monday 6 August 2018

Oriental Tri-Panel card

Good Morning everyone, its monday again and time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday


The theme this time is 

ORIENTAL

So digging through my stash found this beautiful stamp which came free a while ago with a magazine and lovely paper pad called cherry blossom by kaisiercraft. 



I didn't want to hide the beautiful papers so decided to make a different shaped card.  Not sure what its called but image below shows it better.  I stamped my image onto white card and various papers so i could paper piece the image.  I then mounted the topper onto black cardstock. 

I picked out a lovely fan paper which i thought went with the image perfectly and layered onto black card and then the card base.  I used more papers and layered up and added across the middle of the card base. 

All the flowers came from the paperpad too, so i cut out lots of them and arranged around the lady and on the base.  Orangey gems to finish. 

Showing the shape of the card from above, i was inspired by a beautiful card i was sent, i took a sheet of A4 white card and scored it 4 times in the middle and folded.  You can easily change the size depending on the size of the topper etc.  I used a corner punch on the outside edges. 

Close up of the image.  I paper pieced her with plain papers from the pad, i added extra colour to the flowers with a alcohol pen.  Touches of glitter glue to the flower centres.

Items Used:
Stamps - Japanese Tea Garden freebie from Cardmaking & papercraft magazine
Kaisercraft paper pad 'cherry blossom'
Double stitched rectangle die set
Stickles diamond glitter glue

Thank you for stopping by and if you fancy seeing what everyone else comes up with for the Oriental theme and to join in please do hop over to mmmchallengeblog


I hope you all have a good week and can keep cool if effected by the on going hot weather.  Hugs Emma


18 comments:

Basslady said...

a magnificent card, teamie!

Hugs and Kisses from Germany
silvi xoxo

meg said...

beautifully paper pieced image with wonderful papers, a real taste of the orient love it Emma

Pam said...

A beautiful card Emma. Love the shape of the card.
Pam x

StephW said...

Such a pretty creation, lovely to see a different shaped card too ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Diane said...

Wow Emma, what a fabulous shape, image, papers and card design.

Hugs Diane

gwen70 said...

Love this card Emma, the shape is really unusual

ALI said...

Beautiful papers I can see why you didn't want to cover them up x

Jean S said...

A beautiful card , love how you have made this shape, to show the papers xx

Dawn Phillips said...

this is such a gorgeous card. Love Dawn x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutely stunning
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

sandy's crafty bits said...

Wow super little oriental card Emma … I have that stamp somewhere lol … have a great week … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Betty said...

A Beautiful card Emma.

sweetpea said...

Love this card, so much detail in the shape. Love the papers and image too Janet x

Kirsty said...

What a stunning card Emma, love your topper with so much detail. I've been wishing for some rain as I'm struggling in my tin roof office!! Big hugs Kirsty. x

Lee said...

Beautiful.x

Sue - said...

Wow that is stunning Emma!

FridayFeeling said...

I love this card - fabulous oriental design & such pretty papers. A great fold too - brilliant!