Followers

Friday 3 August 2018

Alices 3th Birthday

Good Morning all, i hope you've had a good week. 

Today is my Niece Alice's 3rd Birthday,  She is Unicorn and Flamingo mad so i had to make cards with them on.  Purple is also her favourite colour. So we have purple flamingos which she always calls 'Mingo's' 



I first die cut a dark purple spellbinders labels 1 die cut, approx 6x6" in size and folded it in half.  I then die cut the next size down from white card and the next size down from this fabulous purple pattern paper.  I thought it had a bit of a tropical feel.  

I then die cut a smaller scalloped labels 1 and added it to the front with foam tape.  I die cut 3 'Mingo's' from card coloured with violet oxide ink and purple pixie powder.  I added these to the front.

Computer printed sentiments die cut into circles.  I added touches of glitter glue to the background flowers - what little girl doesn't love glitter.



Showing it stood up.  Only the bottom half of the white panel is glued to the purple base.



A close up of the purple Mingo's, i had also cut 2nd wings for them and shaped before adding to the body.


*****

and onto the second card i made - yep Unicorns.



The glitter unicorn is actually a sticker i found in a discount store, i used a purple pen on his mane, horn and tail. 

White die cut stepper card, i then die cut a cloudy sky paper and added to the front.  I turned the circle birthday sentiment into a shaker pouch.  I added orange card behind to act as the sun, i filled it with orange micro beads and silver glitter.  I added this to the cardfront and then added the unicorn.

I die cut  'Alice & 3' with alpha dies from silver glitter card and purple card and offset,   The number 3 i mounted onto a white circle and then silver circle.

Lots of tiny butterflies cut from orange card.



Just showing it stood up



Close up on the shaker part.  Hopefully Alice enjoys shaking it.  

Items Used:
Presscut stepper card die
MFT birthday circle die
Flamingo die (magazine freebie)
Spellbinders grand labels 1 & scalloped labels 1
Spellbinders circle dies
Memory box mini butterflies
Crafters Companion Alpha dies
Silver glitter Unicorn sticker


Thank you for stopping by and all your comments, I always appreciate them.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Emma

14 comments:

gwen70 said...

What fabulous cards Emma, your niece will love them

Nataliascraft said...

Two stunning cards Emma, love both of them. Pretty flamingos in purple colour and fab unicorn. Your niece will love these cards x

Pam said...

I am sure Alice will love her personalised cards with her favourite creatures on them.
Pam x

Carole Pollard said...

These are both wonderful fantastic designs and great colours. These will be just perfect for Alice Love and hugs Carole x

StephW said...

Two magical & pretty cards for your niece, she'll be delighted with them I'm sure ... Steph x

meg said...

Two beauties Emma, love the colour you used on the flamingos the unicorn is a stunner too.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful selection of cards Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Denise Fletcher said...

Lovely cards again Emma! Love the three birds!

Kate Jeffery said...

two beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Diane said...

Two super cute birthday designs and those flamingos are fabulous.

Hugs Diane

Betty said...

Two Stunning cards for Alice.

Kirsty said...

Two amazing cards Emma, I'm sure Alice will love them both. Fab to see purple mingos rather than pink. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Lee said...

Love your cards so clever.x

FridayFeeling said...

Two brilliant cards - love the purple "mingos" & glittery unicorn.