Followers

Thursday 29 November 2018

2nd Blog Birthday - wire wrapping

Wow today my blog is 2 years old, the time has flown by.  Thank you to all of you that have supported me since the beginning and continue to, and all the new friends ive made along the way.



I thought I would share my ongoing practice with craft wire and beads to make some wirework suncatchers.



Green & Blue Flower, broken up with orange.  Approx 6" in size. The different beads catch the sunlight. 



A close up. 



A more dainty copper version for a lass that loves clean and simple.  This one i just added the beads on the inside of the petals.  





A close up, i used a mix of yellow, orange, brown beads on the petals


Purple Dragonfly.  Approx 6" in size.  I used purple and silver wire and beads in purples, blues & pinks




A close up shows the true colour better. 



And my take on a peacock feather.  A short version, although its still 10" long!  This one took loads of wire in blue, green and yellow.  Beads in a mix of blue, greens, yellow, orange. 



A close up on the eye of the feather, a blue bead wrapped in blue and then surrounded by a row of yellow beads and wire and the finished with green wire.  

Im still very much a beginner with the craft wire but each time i use it i learn something, like anything, practice makes perfect - long way to go before i get there but im really enjoying my new hobby.   

Weather been a bit wild and windy down here last few days - ideal crafting weather!  I hope you all have a good weekend. Hugs Emmax

16 comments:

meg said...

congrats on your 2nd blog birthday Emma, these bead creations are stunning

Carole Pollard said...

What a fabulous post these re just amazing so intricate and pretty Love and hugs Carole x

Kate Jeffery said...

congratulations on your 2nd blog b/day Emma
beautiful wire and bead work my favourite one is the dragon fly
Kate x

Dawn Phillips said...

They are so pretty. That peacock feather is just awesome. Happy blogversary. Love Dawn x

ALI said...

These are amazing Emma well done x

Diane said...

Congratulations on your blog 2nd anniversary. I really like the copper wire and all the pretty beads Emma.

Hugs Diane

Pam said...

Congratulations on your 2nd Blog anniversary Emma. I look forward to seeing your cards and projects which are all so inspirational. Long may you continue. Your latest wire work is stunning.
Pam X

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wow Stunning creations Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

pinkclover.cards said...

Happy 2nd blog birthday! Loving all your creations today but the peacock feather is my fave. Fatima x

StephW said...

Gosh I really would have thought your blog has been going longer than 2 years! Congrats and a wonderful way to celebrate with these pretty creations especially love the peacock feather it's stunning ... Steph x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma … wow cant believe you are only 2 years old … seems like you have been a blogger for ages … love your bead work and especially love that dragon fly … well done … thank you for visiting my blog happy crafting and love sandy xx

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeous beaded masterpieces, Emma! Congratulations on your 2 year blogaversary! hugs, de

Jean S said...

Happy 2nd year of blogging Emma, your work is inspirational! And your wirework amazing ! Just hope this gets thru as you no won’t often take my comments. Jxx

Kirsty said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary, where did those 2 years go?! Loving your wire work Emma, especially your dragonfly and your peacock feather is amazing. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Janice said...

Beautiful beaded projects. Congratulations on your blog anniversary.
Janice x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous wirework...especially the peacock feather..amazing....Marilyn.x