Followers

Monday 26 November 2018

Non Traditional Christmas Colours

Good Morning everyone.

Its time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday.  The theme for the next fortnight picked by Mia is:

NON TRADITIONAL COLOURS FOR CHRISTMAS

So not really a challenge for me as those of you following me over the years know any colour goes for me even at Christmas.  For this set of cards i have gone with a more traditional Christmas image though of the Angel. 



Purple and green version.  Full details are below. 





I first die cut black card using a spellbinders grand label 1 and folded it in half to create my base card.  I cut a smaller white size, cut in half and counted on the front and back of the base, i then added a strip of inked card the same as ive used on the topper panel.

For the topper panel i die cut a white scalloped label 1 die and then die cut into it with a Tim Holtz mixed media die.  I mounted over inked card using foam tape and then added to a black labels 1 die cut.  I then die cut the Angel in contrasting inked card - ideal for all those little snippets i have amassed over the year from my brusho/pixie powder backgrounds.  I also cut the Angel from black card and added to the back as a shadow to help her stand out on the card.  I gently shaped her and added to the front with glue gel.  I only added glue to her body so her wings are free. Stamped greeting.

I then added the topper panel to my base card and added some gems picking up on the base colours.  Finished size is approx 5x5"


View from the top, a easy design to make with any square shaped dies.  




Just a close up of the angel


Purple & Green version, here i used the memory box collage die for the background.


Red and blue/lilac version


Red & Glittery Purple version.  I am slowly making a dent in all the off cuts ive collected all year from my sheets using brushos, pixie powders, inks etc and here the Angel is small enough to use up the little bits (approx  2x2").  I also seem to be using alot of dies this Christmas that cut into the card rather than out.  They seem to be a good way to add interest and depth without lots of layers. 

Items Used:
Echo Park Angel die
Tim Holtz Mixed Media dies
Memory box collage die
Spellbinders Labels 1 and grand labels 1
Brushos, pixie powders & wink of stellas

So if you fancy joining in with us and make a Christmas card with unusual colours and to just see what colours the others come up with do hop over to MMM

Thank you for popping by, I hope you all have a good week. Hugs Emmax



17 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A terrific selection I ♥ the dies Ginny x My Blog As I do Rodos

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous set of Christmas cards Emma, beautiful colors and fab design x

meg said...

Beautiful selection of cards Emma, love all the colour alternatives and the gorgeous angel

StephW said...

I quite agree with using any colours for Christmas! A sweet set of festive cards, love the angel ... Steph x

Basslady said...

you did an amazing job, teamie!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

gwen70 said...

Wonderful collection Emma, gorgeous colours

Diane said...

Gorgeous set of designs and colors Emma.

Hugs diane

Pam said...

A great set of cards, love the colour combos.
Pam x

ALI said...

Stunning Emma, gorgeous colours x

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, what a fabulous set of cards. Love Dawn x

pinkclover.cards said...

Fabulous cards Emma - great colour combos. It IS satisfying using up those little scraps!
Fatima x

Janice said...

Beautiful set of cards, I love the colour combinations you have used.
Janice x

Nandini said...

These are really beautiful. Love the card design. And that you are busting your stash!

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma Kate x

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous cards Emma, love the colours, so you. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards..and love all the colour combos...beautiful design..Marilyn.x