Followers

Thursday 15 November 2018

Oh LIttle Donkey


Good Morning everyone.  I hope you are having a good week.

Today im sharing some quirky fun Christmas cards.  I've used the Donkey stamp from the Katzelkraft farm animals stamp set.  I left him mostly white so he stands out against the colourful backgrounds. 


6x5.5" Cardbase. I first die cut the Polaroid frame from white card, on the centre panel that pops out i stamped the donkey and then using distress inks blended the inks onto the panel.  I then stenciled silver paint through a dots stencil and then white peal drops for snow.  
I stamped the donkey again and cut out the main body and added on top with glue gel, lining up with his legs and tail.  I stamped, coloured and cut out a Christmas hat, sunglasses and bow tie from the Tim Holtz crazy birds accessories stamp set. I added light shading to the donkey with grey markers.
I mounted the Polaroid frame onto silver holographic mirri card.  I embossed a panel of white card with a snowflake embossing folder, added some stamped ink splashes in the same colours i used on the donkey background.  Mounted the panel onto holographic card and added to the card front.

Computer printed sentiment, die cut into an oval and again mounted onto a holographic silver oval. Glitter dots to embellish and finish.

Close up, you can see the silver stenciled dots better here when the light hits them.  I used twisted citron, ripe persimmon & evergreen bough distress inks.



The same but a different colour combo. This one is twisted citron, evergreen bough & seedless preserve.


This one is picked raspberry, peacock feathers and dusty concord distress inks. I just blended them onto the craftUk ltd linen card with stencil brushes.




Just a close up,  i added glossy accents to the sunglasses and glitter to the fluffy parts on the Christmas hats. 


and looking back i see i haven't uploaded the birthday card i made for my brothers birthday back in September which actually inspired this set of cards


I first made a background using brusho's, pixie powders & salt, i stamped the donkey and as above die cut a Polaroid frame and added the donkey on top, i kept him white so he stood out against the bright background. Stamped the sentiment, mounted onto black card.  I added a panel of the same brusho background at a wonky angle onto white card, black card and then the base case.  Black enamel drops to finish.  My family loved it hence the batch of Christmas cards. My brother has 2 donkeys, an old one Bengy that the children love riding and last year he took on a young one Oscar who is settling down. 


A close up of the background, you can see the 'cells' the chunky salt leaves in the brushos - for more details on the technique you can find it here (salt background)


Items Used:
Katzelkraft Farm Animal stamp set
Sizzix polaroid die set
Crafters Companion snowflake embossing folder
Tim Holtz crazy bird accessory stamp set
Stampin up Gorgeous grunge stamp set
Tim Holtz Distress inks
Viva pearl drops
Silver acrylic paint
Dot stencil

Thank you for stopping by and all your visits last week, i always appreciate them.  I hope you all have a good weekend. Hugs Emma

Id like to enter the following challenges:

thatscraftychallenges -winter-wonderland  - my donkey is surrounded by falling snow



18 comments:

Herbaholic said...

These are so fabulous and fun Emma! I love the details and I think I may be 'borrowing' some of your DI combos ;) Wish I lived closer I'd come visit your brothers donkey's, I have a soft spot for them. We have a donkey sanctuary near here but its only very occasionally open to the public. Love & Hugs - Debs xxx

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma Kate x

meg said...

He is brilliant Emma, made me smile, fabulous backgrounds, lovw them all

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant image and fantastic cards Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Diane said...

I am laughing so much Emma it is making it hard to type. What a super fun designs.

Hugs Diane

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards Emma, gave me a real chuckle

Dawn Phillips said...

He's such a fun character. They are awesome cards. Love Dawn x

Pam said...

What a funny Christmas card Emma, I am sure your brother will be top of your Christmas list for this card - different from his birthday card for sure ! You really made me laugh! I love it!
Pam x

pinkclover.cards said...

Brilliant designs Emma. Love those backgrounds and that donkey certainly brought a smile to my face!
Fatima xx

Carole Pollard said...

Just brilliant these really made me smile love the stamp in the polaroid frame great idea Love and hugs Carole x

ALI said...

OMG I love that image, brilliant card Emma x

StephW said...

Fabulous fun cards made even more special with the festive accessories! You do come up with some wonderful ideas ... Steph x

Janice said...

Brilliant and fun cards, I love the embossed background!
Janice x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma … wow just loving your cheeky donkey card he really made me giggle and love your backgrounds too … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Jean S said...

Just. Brill!,! Xx

Sian said...

A brilliant set of cards. I love that stamp.

Kirsty said...

What fantastic and fun Christmas and birthday cards Emma, I love them all and they are so you. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Sam & Poppy said...

Lol, great card, great fun!
Thanks for joining in with us at That's Crafty!
Sam :)