Followers

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Christmas Critters


Good Morning everyone.

Its time once again for a new challenge over at Cardz4guyz   The theme for the next 2 weeks is:

CHRISTMAS CRITTERS
So any creatures associated with Christmas

Ive gone with a penguin and dug out the first Katzelkraft stamps i bought of this grumpy penguins.  Everyone loved the cards i made with them last year. 


6x5.5" white cardblank.  I found a sheet of ombre patterned paper in a bluey purple to use, i cut slightly smaller than the card front and dry embossed with a snow fall embossing folder, then mounted onto black card and the card base. 

I die cut the star frame twice, once from white and once from black card and off set them.  I cut a panel of the same paper as the background to fit the middle of the frame and then mounted onto the front with foam tape.  I stamped my penguins, added a little colour and fuzzy cut him out. I gently shaped him and added to the frame with glue gel.

Stamped greeting diecut into circle and mounted onto a black circle and added to the front.  I coloured some clear enamel stars with orange marker and added around my penguin so he is in a nice starry sky. 


Close up of Mr Grumpy.

Items Used:
Katzelkraft Grumpy penguin stamps
Star frame die - brand unknown
Sentiment stamp - magazine freebie
Papermania patterned paper
star gems
Distress ink markers - tumbled glass, honey, marmalade


Please do hop over to see what everyone else comes up with for Christmas Critters and join in at cardz4guyz

I hope you are keeping warm, turned rather chilly down here.  Enjoy your day and thank you for popping by. Emmax


14 comments:

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card, love the penguin xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

wonderful card love the penguin
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

ALI said...

Another great card Emma, great design x

Sue Nicholson said...

Super card, like the die used around the image

Diane said...

Just adorable Emma, fabulous background color and Mr Grumpy is delightful.

Hugs diane

Pam said...

What a great card, love that grumpy penguin.
Pam x

meg said...

Brilliant make Emma. Love the background paper the frame around the grumpy penguin shows him off beautifully

Denise Fletcher said...

Love this one! Great frame! Is this for me this Xmas?!?!

Sian said...

I love everything about this card, especially Mr Grumpy!

StephW said...

Wonderful creation, love the star frame ..
Steph x

Dawn Phillips said...

I think he's adorable. Love Dawn x

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic card Emma Kate x

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma glad to see Mr Grumpy has made a return, like you it's been freezing here to with very strong winds and heavy rain, but ideal weather for crafting. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Janice said...

I have that star frame, I love your card.
Janice x