Followers

Thursday 13 December 2018

Birthday Girls


Good Morning all.

Well today im sharing the birthday cards i made for 2 of my nieces, the sisters birthdays are within 2 days of each other so i always make the same design of card but suited to each girl, i also always make the cards that my mum gives them, so 4 cards to show you today.

The first 2 are penny slider cards.  Last year i bought a die set to make slider cards, but its in a very very safe place! lol  So i went with plan B which is thanks to a birthday card sent to me by blog buddy SomersetSteph, you can find it here my-paper-corner.blogspot.com, actually i think i like plan B better, hardest part was finding which 2 of my circle dies worked the best for the channel that it slides in.  Thank you Steph for the inspiration.



6x6 scalloped white cardbase.  Ive then used a pretty patterned paper and copper satin board.  After working through my circle dies to get the right sized channel for my pennies joined together with a circluar foam pad i die cut circles into the middle of my patterned paper.  I then used 2mm foam tape to attach to the copper satin card, making sure to leave enough room for the pennies to slide easily around. 

I computer printed the sentiment and die cut into a circle and added to the middle of the card.  I then worked out what i wanted to add to my slider and for Sophie i decided on a butterfly to go with the flowers on the paper.  My butterfly die wasn't big enough to completely hide the penny so i die cut a flower from lilac glitter card, glued it to the penny and my butterfly on top. 

Pearls, gems and glitter glue to finish.  I found the weight of the pennies helps the butterfly slide around, so easy for the children to use. 



A close up, this shows the true colours better and the butterfly slide to another position.  


and on to the one for Little Lizzy


This time i used a honeycomb neon paper along with pink satin card and a lovely big bumble bee picking up on the honeycomb in the paper.  Made exactly the same way, i just added a flower from purple mirror card and i added acetate behind my bee's wings to make them stronger for little hands - Lizzy LOVED it.  Their dad who is an engineer was intrigued too! 



This show the pink better and my bumblebee in a different position.



I decided to use the circle frame that was left after die cutting my slider channel for gift tags for them both.  I used left over scraps to build them up. 


*****

and onto the 2nd cards i made for them, using my new favourite tri panel fold design, i used animals stamps that came free with creative stamping magazine and are actually the twelve days of Christmas, but i thought the pig and calf perfect for the girls living on a farm and winter birthdays.

From white A4 card i scored/ folded it at 3", 1", 2.5", 1" and cut the last bit to 3", it is 7" High. 

I first stamped and coloured my dancing piggy, Sophie took up dancing this year, so an ideal image.  I stamped with archival ink and coloured with alcohol markers. I decoupaged the skirt.  I cut papers and charcoal card to size to matt onto the panels.  I die cut the topper into an oval and matted onto a larger charcoal oval and added to the middle panel. 

I die cut the name and sentiment from white and charcoal card and off set for a drop shadow and added glitter on top.  Stamped age die cut into a circle.  Die cut flower & black pearls to finish. 



Close up on the dancing piggy




And the one i made for Lizzy, exactly the same way, but using this cute calf image, chocolate brown card for matting.  I coloured the calf kind of in Jersey colours as they have several of those on the farm.  I used wink of stella pens so they really glitter in the light. 

A close up, i added white gel pen highlights to the calf. 

Items Used:
12 days of christmas stamps with creative stamping magazine
Spellbinders circle dies
Spellbinders Oval dies
Bumble bee die
Sizzix butterfly die
Flower dies
Alphabet dies
Sentiment dies
Various design papers
Chocolate & Charcoal cardstock - payper box
Scalloped cardblanks - craftUk ltd


Thank you for stopping by, i hope you all have a great weekend. Emmax



16 comments:

meg said...

The girls will be over the moon with these gorgeous cards Emma, love both design lay outs.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful selection of cards
Digi Doodle Studios

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous cards Emma
Kate x

gwen70 said...

Wow Emma your Nieces will love these fabulous cards

Diane said...

Wow what fabulous designs Emma.

Hugs Diane

Dawn Phillips said...

What a beautiful set of Cards. Love Dawn x

StephW said...

So pleased you were able to gain inspiration from one of my cards Emma, thanks for the mention! Had a chuckle about your missing new dies too ... there's always a way around isn't there! Love the big & bold slider elements and the pretty characters on the panel cards too ... Steph x

Kirsty said...

What a brilliant selection of cards and tags Emma, I bet they loved them all. Thank you for my Christmas card (which I adore) and gift which I have put under the tree. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Pam said...

Fantastic cards and gift tags for your nieces Emma. I guess your slider die will turn up now you don't need it ! I am sure there is a black hole somewhere taking care of our "missing" items.
Pam x

ALI said...

Woe Emma these are fantastic, I take my hat off to you to have to create 2 cards per person and make them different...lol
I may be stealing your slider cards x

pinkclover.cards said...

fabulous cards Emma
Fatima x

Jean S said...

What lucky girls to have you as their talented aunty ....
They are all fab love the wee calf’s! As I’m sure they did xx

Bettu said...

Sophie and Lizzy's cards are just brilliant.....I can't believe that Sophie is 7 already.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant set of cards Emma....love the butterfly and bee one....the piggy made me smile...Joolsx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards and Tags...love the little Calf.....so clever...Marilyn.x

Janice said...

Beautiful cards for your nieces, Inlove how you make the same designs but different styles.
Janice x