Followers

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Cheers to the New Year!

Good Morning everyone, on the countdown now to the big day. 

Its time for the last challenge of the year over at Cardz4guyz with the theme being


NEW YEAR/NEW BEGINNINGS

So very apt for the time of the year.  I went with making a new year card in black, silver & white


6x6 white cardbase.  I cut panels from frosted patterned silver mirror card, black card and white card to fit the front.  The white panel i embossed with a circle embossing folder, i thought they had the feel of bubbles to go with my champagne glasses.  As i had to extend the patterned i wrapped black twine around the join and attached to the front. Twine bow added on top.

I die cut 2 champagne glasses and the sentiments from silver card, the cheers i die cut again from black card and shadowed them.  I added the banner onto black card and cut around it.  I gently shaped the glasses and attached to the front with glue gel and then arranged my sentiments. 



Just a close up on the sentiments


On this one you can see the frosted pattern in the silver mirror card better.  Not quite as bright as normal silver and adds a bit of interest. 

Items Used:
Concorde & Ninth season of cheer dies
Champagne glass die - magazine freebie
Sizzix embossing folder
Frosted Silver card - payper box
White pearl & black card - payper box
Black waxed cotton twine

So if you fancy joining in one last challenge of the year and just see what everyone else comes up with do hop over to cardz4guyz

I hope you all have a good week.  Hugs Emmax

13 comments:

meg said...

Perfect New Years card

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Brilliant card xx

Cherie said...

That looks really classy. I bet it looks even better in the flesh

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi emma … loving your card black silver and white very classy … hope all is well and you are ready for Christmas … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Diane said...

Fabulous card Emma.

Hugs Diane

Dawn Phillips said...

That mirri card is lovely. I do like the white, black and silver combo as well. Very classy. Love Dawn x

Pam said...

A great New Year card and good choice of embossing folder, certainly does look like bubbles.
Pam x

StephW said...

Super high class card, love the layout just perfect with that EF ... Steph x

Kirsty said...

Brilliant card Emma, love the bubbly EF folder, perfect with the champagne glasses. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Sian said...

A beautiful new year card. I love this colour combination.

ALI said...

Great combo, very effective and classy x