Followers

Monday 21 January 2019

Winter Birthday

Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a lovely weekend.

Its time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday, the theme for the next 2 weeks is

WINTER BIRTHDAY

Funnily although most of my family's birthdays are in December and January ive never actually made a winter themed birthday card and found it harder than i expected.  I eventually decided on my snowdrop stamp set as the snowdrops are just coming out to flower in my garden. 


5x7 white linen cardblank.  I first stamped the snowdrops in black archival ink.  I then dry embossed 2 sizes of stitched rectangle dies to give frames.  One around the outside of the cardblank to frame it and one where i wanted the sentiment to be.  I think this is also my first totally flat one layer card too. 

I added masking gum to the snowdrops.  I then used a circlur leaf stencil centreed in the middle of the card and inked through with 2 distress inks, where the 2 green met they created a 3rd shade.  Evergreen bough & twisted citron.  Once ink was completely dry i removed the masking gum to reveal the white snowdrops underneath.

I then stamped my sentiment into the smaller embossed box.  I very lightly inked the outside card edge with evergreen bough DI and lightly embossed some small circles in the corners to add interest.  I think it will be the year of the stencil in my crafting😀, the more i use them and get the hang of the stencil brushes the more i like the effect, i guess like everything you learn each time.


A close up of the embossed stitched frame die and sentiment.  You can emboss any thin metal die by using a rubber mat. 


Close up of the snowdrops.  I left them completely uncoloured but added some clear glitter to the flower heads to help them stand out against the busy background.  I also went around them with a very pale grey alcohol marker.

Items Used:
Chocolate Baroque 'Spring is in the air' stamp set
Dots stencil
Leafy burst stencil
Double Stitched rectangle dies
TH Distress Ink - evergreen bough & twisted citron
Stickles twinkle glitter glue
CraftUk white linen card

If you fancy joining in or some inspiration for winter birthday cards please do hop over to MMM - im looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

I hope you all have a good week and get some crafting in.  Thank you for stopping by and all your amazing comments last week. Hugs Emmax

17 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Very pretty card I love snow drops lots in the wood near where I live,Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Stunning card Emma, love the snowdrops xx

Jean S said...

Such fabulous cards, love the snowdrops, jxx

Basslady said...

your card is gorgeous, teamie!
hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Debbie Mageed said...

Great card! I l love the unusual design and very pretty colors! Have a great week!!

pinkclover.cards said...

Stunning card Emma. So many different techniques and the colours you've used look great.
Fatima x

StephW said...

Real pretty card, love the stencilling & your dry die embossing is so effective ... Steph x

Pam said...

So much detail, and such a beautiful card.
Pam x

Diane said...

Lovely design Emma.

Hugs Diane

Dawn Phillips said...

It's really pretty. I love all the details. Love Dawn x

meg said...

Love the lay out Emma, the soft greens are beautiful and perfect with the snowdrops

ALI said...

That is stunning Emma, the stencil works perfectly with the snowdrops x

Lee said...

Beautiful.x

Janice said...

Love the embossed features on this beautiful card.
Janice x

FridayFeeling said...

A gorgeous card, the stencilling is so eye-catching - super design!

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card Emma, love the stencilling and the fresh colours, perfect with the gorgeous snowdrop stamp. Big hugs Kirsty. x