Followers

Thursday 14 February 2019

You Light up my Life


Good Morning everyone, today im sharing a little fun valentine card.  

Mostly inspired by the fun lightbulb stamp, as i very rarely do anything Valentine/Love themed - he will be surprised!.   It came free with the most recent issue of craft stamper. I also tried to keep it fairly CAS - sat on my hands😄.


6x6 white linen cardbase.  I first computer printed my sentiment onto the base.  I then stamped the lightbulb direct onto the cardfront using a multicoloured ink pad in shades of orange/red.  I then die cut a stitched square from white linen card, in the top left corner i die cut a stitched oval.  I mounted the square onto the front with foam tape, i glued the oval back in flat to the base so its inverted.  

I then stamped the bulb onto white linen with black ink & die cut into a smaller oval and i pushed this into the ink back to colour the background with the same ink as my stamped background. I stamped the light again in black and cut it out, gently shaped it and added over the top with glue gel.  I then mounted this panel into the oval with foam tape.  I added yellow marker to the hearts and covered in glossy accents.

Yellow glitter gems to finish.



A close up, you can see the reflection of the glaze i put on the bulb.  

Items used:
Craft stamper magazine lightbulb stamp
Kaleidacolor inkpad - Desert Heat
Black archival ink
Yellow promaker pen
Yellow gem drops
Oval stitched dies
Square Stitched dies
Range Glossy Accents
CraftUk Ltd white linen cardstock


Id love to enter the following:





Thank you for stopping by once again.  I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the weekend when it arrives. Emma

20 comments:

StephW said...

Love your fun design for a Valentine card ... super stamped background ... it is hard knowing when to stop for CAS! Steph x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Smashing card Emma
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Brilliant valentine card, this really appeals to me love the humorous touch

Kathleen said...

What a great Valentine card, Emma! Although you’ve kept it fairly simply, you’ve not forgotten the little details like the glaze on the bulb...those little details that « illuminate » your cards! I’m sure your card was appreciated!

Cherie said...

That's a nice idea for a Valentines card. Not slushy and mushy but still with meaning.

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little lighter valentine card … my hubby would love it hope yours did too … love the glossy accents … real cool as my gorgeous grandson would say … hope you have a great evening … happy crafting and love sandy xx

pinkclover.cards said...

Great card Emma.
Fatima x

gwen70 said...

Great card Emma xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card Emma. We did similar in our house...well, I blew the light bulb in the living room this morning and he replaced it! Love Dawn x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Absolutely adore your gorgeous card Emma
Thank you so much for joining us at the Craft Stamper challenge blog
Hugs
Donna x

ALI said...

Love it Emma, great design and colours. CAS is hard, I just keeping adding, I don't know when to stop. It then goes from good to crap instantley...rofl x

Kate Jeffery said...

fabulous card Emma Kate x

Diane said...

Very creative and fun design Emma.

Hugs Diane

Pam said...

What a fab card. Bet he loved it!
Pam x

Ana A said...

Your card is awesome Emma! Textured cardstock and bright colors really make this card extra special as well as glazing the light bulb! I bet he really loved it :) Thank you so much for playing with us at The Male Room Challenge Blog and I really hope to see your creations in our future galleries!

Jane said...

Oh yes you've certainly put that Craft Stamper freebie to good use. Love the bright background stamping and the clever use of die cuts and added gloss make this a really fabulous card. Thanks for playing at The Male Room, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

Betty said...

A Gorgeous card Emma.

Linda said...

Great use of the freebie stamp. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Elina Stromberg said...

Great CAS style card. Love it!
Thanks for playing with us at Craft Stamper blog challenge ❤

Kirsty said...

Fabulous CAS valentine card Emma, I find making them hard as OH not the romantic type so this is brilliant inspiration. Big hugs Emma. x