Followers

Monday 18 February 2019

16th Birthday

Good Morning everyone.  I hope you had a good weekend and saw some sunshine.

Today im sharing a 16th birthday card i made for my god daughter, she isn't really girly girly so couldn't go with pink and flowers.  I decided to go with black and white and splash of rainbow colour. 




A5 cardbase.  I matted white linen and black card onto the base card.  I then coloured a piece of white card with oxide inks, starting red one side and going through to blue.  This is die cut into triangles, i die cut the top layer of the triangle set from black card and glued the 2 layers together. 

On a strip of white card I arranged the triangles. This panel i mounted onto black.  I stamped the sentiment circle onto white and die cut into a circular frame, i die cut a larger circle from black card.  

I first glued the black circle to the base card to the right side, i then added my triangle strip, i then added the white sentiment circle frame over the top with foam tape. So basically the triangle strip threads between to black circle and the sentiment circle - just for a bit of interest.   I computer printed the 16 today and die cut into a circle, mounted onto a black circle and then added to the middle of my sentiment circle. Glitter gems to finish.





A close up.


This second one just uses the opposite colour on the triangles,  so i die cut the top fancy layer from the inked card and glued onto black base triangles. 


Made the same as the first one, i just added party time to the middle circle.  




This 3rd one actually came about from the lefts overs from the above triangles, i was left with all these little pieces of coloured card so decided to cut some more in white and insert the coloured pieces giving a stained glass like effect. I quite liked this way and a good use of left over snippets!  A bit fiddly though. 


6x7 White linen basecard.  After making up my triangles i added them to a strip of black card which i attached to the cardfront.  I stamped the sentiment circle onto white card and die cut into a circle, matted onto a larger black circle and added to the card front.  I added another one of the triangle to the centre of my sentiment.  Glitter dots to finish. 



A close up.


Items Used:
SSS Clear circle sentiment stamps 'sss101512'
Altenew Shattered Triangle die set
Circle dies
Distress Oxide Inks - Candied Apple, Lemonade, Lime, Pistachio, Evergreen.
White linen card, Black card.
Papermania Glitter dots


Thank you all for stopping by.  Being Half term i have my 3 nieces coming to spend the day with me, so that will be hectic and fun, so hopefully the weather is kind to us.   I hope you all have a good week. Emmax

14 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful selection of cards Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kathleen said...

Three wonderful cards, Emma. I love how you’ve manage to make three different cards using the same basic elements.
Enjoy your day with your nieces. Fingers crosed for the weather.
Hugs, Kathleen

meg said...

Three gorgeous cards Emma, love the different feel the different colours give, hope the recipient was thrilled with her card

Pam said...

Fantastic cards. Amazing how the same dies can look so different. Have fun with the girls.
Pam x

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous cards. I love that triangle die. It's so effective. Love Dawn x

pinkclover.cards said...

Fab cards Emma. Great use of leftovers.
Fatima x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous set of cards Emma, love beautiful rainbow colours on the cards x

StephW said...

Wonderful colourful cards, love the geometric feel & design of them all especially the stained glass version ... Steph x

ALI said...

Perfect Emma, beautiful colours x

Diane said...

Fabulous inlay card designs Emma.

Hugs Diane

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Emma...Fabulous cards. I love that triangle die. great colours....Joolsx

Kirsty said...

Three brilliant cards Emma, love how you have used up all you left over bits, suck great effects. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards...love the Triangles and how you have used them....Marilyn.x