Followers

Monday 4 March 2019

Poppies

Good Morning everyone.  

Where do the weeks go to? 

So today im sharing a birthday card i made for my sister in law.  She loves poppies. Ive coloured them with my wink of stella pens so very blingy for her. 

6x6 Kraft cardbase.  I die cut a square of kraft card smaller than the card front, i die cut one of the Tim Holtz dies into this panel.  I cut some gold glitter card to fit behind the cut out and glued that in place on the cardblank, i then mounted my top panel on top with foam tape.  

I die cut the poppy die twice from white cardstock and coloured the flowers with orange & red wink of stella pens, i coloured the stem green with a marker pen.  I decoupaged the flowers using the second die cut, first shaping the petals where the cut lines are and glued with glue gel. 

I splashed some of the wink of stella pens over the background to add some interest - they really shimmer when the light hits them.  Stamped greeting in black. A little butterfly - i cut 2 and layered up, a gold glitter one and then one coloured with the wink of stella's on top. 




A close up.  It doesn't really show the glittery effect of the wink of stella and the glitter card.


As i was rather happy with the outcome i made another couple for the box


Yellow poppies and pale green glitter card, i used a different die from the TH mixed media set this time.  The only poppies that really love it here are the little yellow welsh poppy, they line the paths and verges - so delicate and pretty.



I also added some white gel pen highlights just to the edge of the poppies.  Yellow and orange wink of stella pens used

Blue poppy and silver glitter card.

Im not really very good at colouring in - no patience😊, I did these with a wet into wet technique.  Wet the poppys with water using a brush, then added the pale blue ink first and then dab the dark blue in where it would naturally be darker. They then bleed into each other.  I tend to add some of the ink to a mat first and pick up with a paint brush for a bit more control than adding the pen straight on the cardstock. 


Items Used:
Pennyblack poppy die
Tim Holtz Mixed Media dies
Sizzix butterfly dies
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Kuratake Wink of stella pens
B&M glitter card
CraftUK ltd kraft card

Thank you all for stopping by, i had a lovely day last Monday for my little niece's birthday.  I hope you all have a good week. Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the red poppy card 
pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-347  - the glitter card, poppies and butterflies all cut from snippets/off cuts of card




19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning cards love the colours Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards Emma, I too love poppies. Gorgeous colours used

Kathleen said...

Three beautiful cards! These poppies are gorgeous in the different colours.

meg said...

Beautiful cards Emma, the colours you used on the poppies is so vibrant

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful cards Emma...just got this die...Will be have a play later in the week with it...Joolsx

Diane said...

Wonderful technique Emma, your poppies are stunning.

Hugs Diane

Dawn Phillips said...

They are so pretty.I usually hate yellow but that one is my favourite. Love Dawn x

Pam said...

Gorgeous cards Emma, I love them all. I have this die on order, can't wait to have a play.
Pam x

ALI said...

Love these Emma really lovely work and great colours x

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful poppy cards Emma! I loved reading all the detail of how you did them and in the end, although I adore each one, I decided I love the first one best - I think the sparkle did it for me :)

How strange that you don't have red poppies growing in Cornwall - although I don't really recall them from when I lived in Northumberland. Here in Hampshire we get loads - I wonder if it's the chalky soil they like? Hmmmm.

Hugs

Di xx

Viv said...

A lovely bouquet of different coloured poppies on these cards Emma!

Nataliascraft said...

Stunning set of cards Emma, beautiful colors and design, love it x

Claire said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, so pretty each and every one. The sparkly background is such a nice touch, honestly these are designed beautifully. Thanks for stopping by, much appreciated x

Jeanne H said...

Several really beautiful cards! Love 'em.

Kirsty said...

Three beautiful cards Emma, great idea with the colour flicks on the kraft card which linked it to the colour of the flowers, have to remember that. Glad your niece had a lovely party. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous card, Emma, love the red poppy beat am sure your sister loved it too.. wonderful creations and ideas, thanks for sharing
Shaz in Oz.x

StephW said...

I do love how you've placed the poppies over the mixed media dies, so pretty using Kraft and glitter card mix ... Steph x

FridayFeeling said...

A gorgeous set of cards, I love the different colour schemes, all so striking.